There's really not much to complain about at the Kowloon Shangi La. The lobby is great, so your welcome to the hotel is impressive. The location is excellent, if being in walking distance to the Kowloon shopping areas is of interest.
Room service is a bit slow, to be honest, but the food is very good.
The rooms are large, modern and luxurious. Because of the way the hotel is angled, the views from the "harbour view" rooms, while great, are not of the entire Hong Kong harbour....as they are at the Intercontinental. So if you are a fan of pure views.....while the Shangri La's is really, really good, the views at the IC are even better. But this is really splitting hairs:-)
Of the really upper end hotels in the immediate area, the Peninsula, the Intercontinental, and the Shangri La, I would probably opt for the IC, purely because of the views...and the rest of the IC is pretty special as well.
The Pen is a small level above the Shangri La, but also a lot more expensive, so unless money is no object, the SL is a better deal for the cost.
If it's an all-out weekend, and money isn't an issue, I'd go for one of the harbour view rooms at the Pen. But these will set you back a LOT. The IC has better views than the SL, but the SL is a bit more impressive in other ways....so that's a toss up.
The reality is, that you'd be over the moon with any of these hotels, including the Shangri La! 'A great hotel by anyone's definition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong