“Upped the Intercontinental”

Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #14 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While I love the chain, I've always stayed at the intercontinental when in Kowloon because of the amazing views.
Decided to take a peers suggestion this time and tried the Kowloon Shangri-La location this time.
Overall it's a great facility, and candidly more welcoming and personal than the IH.
Without going into the ugly details, I had a bout of travelers .....well you know what I mean.
I was overwhelmed by the concern and personal attention to my well being and comfort. I could not have thought of anying they did not do.
The hotel staff earned my sincere thanks, but more so, improved on what was already a stellar sense of family level caring. Well done Shangri-La Kowloon.

Room Tip: Corner room is a bit more spacious!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MovinMovin
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear MovinMovin, thank you for your review and for the recognition of the care extended by my colleagues. I will share your feedback with my Team. We look forward to your return to Kowloon Shangri-La on your next visit to Hong Kong, regards Timothy Wright

Write a ReviewReviews (3,764)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Hotel was very good, located in Kowloon is 2 min away from the subway stop, which you need in the wicked HK rush hours, directly across is the ferry stop to go to Hong Kong island.
Surrounded by restaurants bars and shops is the perfect location.
The room was very comfortable, spacious, huge king size bed with a good mattress not too soft not too hard.
Hotel service was very good and efficient, we requested ice and extra hangers and they not came within 5 min, they also called to checked we have being served every time.

If you are in a business trip which we were, the room had a printer and stocked up desk. Was perfect because we did not have to go to the biz center to have our presentation done. :)
We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nala1111

Dear Nala1111, thank you for your review and your comments. I am pleased you found the Hotel well equipped for your business trip. Regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We are in Hong Kong on vacation, and this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are large with a wonderful view of the harbor. Service is quick and the rooms are well appointed. Upon our arrival at 1:00 in the morning, we needed to have feather pillows and bedding removed from the room...it was taken care of in less than 10 minutes. Location is excellent for walking to Star Ferry, viewing the light show, and shopping. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eagles4me

Dear Eagles4me, delighted to learn you enjoyed your holiday in Hong Kong. Thank you for your feedback, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you have the spare cash, then book yourself a treat by booking a King Room with a Full Harbour View. Amazing, outstanding views and the room is equally as outstanding. Exceptionally large, exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated, beautifully serviced, the hotel isn't to be sniffed at. The only problem we had was our room was not ready on arrival from a long haul flight even though we were checking in at 4pm. We had to wait for over an hour to get our room :( We were offered drink vouchers to tide us over, but really wanted to get in the room and hit the shower and have an early night so that needs to be addressed as we were not the only people being told the rooms were not ready! Prices at the bar/restaurants are steep as you can imagine, but the food and wine we ate was delicous and you did get the best views of Victoria Harbour as you were eating. The buffet breakfast was the best I had ever encounted and is the reason I ended up putting on a few kilos before we finally departed after 4 nights. Very good location, close to shops, walking distance even (20 mins) although the hotel has complimentary shuttle buses to Star Ferry and Harbour Shops.

Room Tip: There is a little pool in the gym area, but really it isn't that good, so if you are staying as...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rowena C

Dear Rowena C, thank you very much for your review and positive feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. I can appreciate the inconvenience you experienced when your room was not ready on arrival - this happens very rarely and please accept my apologies that you had to wait. I am pleased that my colleagues offered you some refreshments.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the moment I entered the Hotel lobby, I was overcome by an overpowering floral fragrance. My nose closed and I had trouble breathing.
While not as strong, the corridors in the Hotel suffered from the same malady.
Breakfast at $30 USD, plus service was a ripoff. The food was neither appetizing nor served hot. Service was non-existent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
4  Thank Talaopan
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Talaopan, many thanks for sharing your experience after your recent stay. I was sorry to learn that you did not appreciate our 'Essence of Shangri-La' fragrence which we use in the hotel lobby - so many people ask us about it, we now sell diffusers in the Hotel shop which is one of our most popular products. I note with concern about your disappointing breakfast experience and will address your feedback with our Restaurant Team. Thank you once again for your feedback, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have spent many nights in Hong Kong over the years, and I have found that the Shangri-La Kowloon to be the best for me. The harbor view rooms are the best in town, restaurants, and shopping arcades are good for those who only have a short stay and can't get out in the city.
Rooms are well apointed and beds are very comfortable. A well stocked mini bar is always welcomed.

Room Tip: Choose the harbor view rooms, giving great views and privacy at the same time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack+Leslie V

Dear PPPjack1917, thank you for your continued loyalty over the years. I am pleased you find the Hotel comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good and big rooms - we had a Deluxe King on the tenth floor.

The room was serviced in the morning and evening very well: shame that tea was found only once ready for our return, if this could be arranged every afternoon it would be great.

The position is also very handy for both the Island and Kowloon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple