I stayed at the Kowloon Shangrila with my wife and 3yr old for 4nights(11th June-15th June) and had an amazing time. From the time we checked in we knew we had made the right choice. The hotel has a great location with easy access to the MTR(5min walk from the hotel), 7-11 shops around the corner and various restaurants. The hotel itself has the famous Shang Palace restaurant and the Barbecued Pork loin glazed with honey sauce was amazing. For a group of 4 adults with Beer we paid 1500HKD for dinner which was very reasonable.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful..especially Jonathan and Arnel. If i needed any info they were the guys who helped me out. The staff at Cafe Kool where we went to have our morning breakfast were also excellent. Almost all staff who we interacted with in the hotel spoke fluent english and were promt with any request. The breakfast served had a nice spread from eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns to a variety of cereals, fruits and fruit juices. They also had an Asian spread serving noodles with pork etc as well as Dosa, Paratha and Poa etc for the Indian palate.They also served Pancakes and waffles with strawberry and chocolate sauce as well as croissants and danish pastries..Overall a very decent spread.
The Deluxe room with a side Harbour view was nice. The size of the room and toilet was very good and the king size bed was very comfortable. The harbour view was not a direct one so honestly did not make much of a difference. When we checked in we were served complimentary fruits and chinese tea which was nice. The hotel provided us (on request) with a complimentary baby bottle sterilizer which was very helpful. Milk for children is charged though.The room service was quick to respond and in-room dining was excellent.
The concierge helped us make reservations at various restaurants in the city and also helped us plan our day and route. Complimentary umbrellas helped us a lot during this rainy month.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to live in Kowloon. I have stayed at the Shangrila property in different countries before and have to say it never disappoints....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong