“Stay Here!!”

Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #14 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I recently went to HOng Kong on my way into China. I decided I should stay somewhere the Hung Hom train station, this hotel was one of many that looked good. I landed & 1st impressions were excellent the place is very grand with lovely furniture & nice decor. The reception was busy but the staff dealt with it fast & professional and I say this because there were staff on my side of the counter doing the checkin formalities for you. ie paperwork & asking for your passport. I went up to my room & my bags were a minute behind me. The room was excellent, great bed & pillows and bathroom was nice. I had a great nights sleep and opened my curtains to a wonderful harbour view. On this trip I stayed in 5 hotels and this one was by far the best. I had breakfast in with my booking and it was fab, more things than you could imagine. I will use this hotel again and look at using the group

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robertg0107
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Robertg0107, thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your short stay. We are conveniently located for MTR, Star Ferry as well as Hung Hom railway station and within walking distance to some of Kowloon's major shopping areas. I would recommend joining our Golden Circle program as you can earn additional benefits when staying at any of the Shangri-La Hotels or Resorts. Thank you for your comments, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 17, 2013

i brought my daughter to disneyland last mar 2012 i can't say any bad comments in this hotel,they simply have the best,perfect location,walking distance to everything,nice staffs,we manage to see and meet our kababayang pilipino working there...i love their wide range of foods in their breakfast buffet,definitely must try,it is worth every penny,we didn't manage to see the pool because of our busy schedule but definitely an experience that i can share

8 mins to walk to walk of fame and the museum of art, mtr station at 1 min walk...definitely convenient

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear kaetlyn_sg many thanks for your review and recommendations, much appreciated, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Impeccable Services. Exceptional View from the Room. Make sure that you book a harbour view room. The floor to ceiling window is the perfect way to enjoy the breathtaking view of Victoria Harbour. It definitely worths the additional cost. Hotel is located just right next to the Subway Exit of Tsim Sha Tsui East Station. There are tons of restaurants near the hotels along the Promenade. It's also a short walk to the main shopping centers in TST.

Highly recommended. View from the harbour view room is definitely memorable!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Antony_Yiu
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Antony_Yiu, many thanks for your review and recommendation. It was good to learn you enjoyed your stay, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We found this hotel to be perfect in all ways. The first night we were not happy with our rooms and with no problem we were moved from a side hall room to the 18th floor and a harbor view in the center of the floor. What a beautiful view of the harbor, day and night. Breakfast each morning was a real treat. The biggest problem was that there were to many choices. So I just had a different breakfast for each of the six mornings we were there.The hotel gave us excellent choices for dinners.
Hyde Park Garden Restaurant: all fresh seafood that you pick out from the fish stalls lining the path to the restaurant. This was a culinary experience we will never forget. Fresh lobster, fresh grouper, fresh shrimp, and fresh squid all steamed or boiled. Plus 2 bottles of wine. There were 8 of us. The cost $55 Us dollars each. New York City probably 2,5 times more.
Jimmy's Kitchen: western style food. Excellent food backed by excellent service.Moderately priced.
Hotel's Tapas Bar is a good choice.
Hotel's Cantonese Restaurant another good choice
Sabatini's Italian Restaurant in The Regal Garden Hotel 69 Mody Rd. Tsmi Sha Tsui East
Great Italian food w/strolling Musicians who are not intrusive.

Room Tip: ENJOY....Best to have a room with Harbor view no matter which floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred L

Dear Fred L, thank you for your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the Hotel's restaurants as well as some other recommendations provided by our concierge team. Thank you for staying with us, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room is over 45 squared meters and it has one of the best harbour view I have seen in Hong Kong. Hotel exterior is a bit dated (in Hong Kong standard) but the interior design is excellent and the facilities are kept to up-to-date standards, not old at all as you would expect from a traditional hotel brand like this.

Room Tip: Harbour view is one of the best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aaron L

Dear Aaron L, thank you for your comments - I am pleased you found the Hotel well maintained despite it's age - older Hotels generally have larger rooms too. Thank you for staying with us, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in the Kowloon Shangri-la for 3 nights on our honeymoon. What can I say?! Absolutely amazing. We were treated like royalty from start to finish. Our bags were taken off us at the door, we were greeted by friendly English speaking check in staff. They gave me a honeymoon bouquet of flowers, bowl of fruit and pot of Chinese tea - much welcome treats after a 13 hour flight! They took our picture too and later posted it to our room with a 'congratulations' card. Even the baggage man was super helpful, he gave us tips on where to go and which tube to get. On our first night back after a long day walking around Kowloon they had left a complimentary bottle of bubbly on ice for us! We were living the dream.

The location is perfect, just across the road the the Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR station. The MTR (tube system) in Hong Kong is really easy to use - so if you've never been don't be scared! It is the easiest way to get around such a big place. Tsim Sha Tsui is the main shopping area of Kowloon, if you head out of the hotel and go right you will get to the Cameron Road/Granville Road area - great for shopping for quirky clothes. McDonalds and Starbucks are not far away, 5 minute walk if that (for the fussy eaters, like my partner!). The harbour/water front area is literally just behind the hotel. If you walk right along the water front you will get to a huge shopping mall called Ocean Terminal, its quite pricey but worth a look. Around that area is also the Star Ferry terminal - this is a must for a first time visit to Hong Kong. The ferry doesn't cost much, you can either go across to Hong Kong side and get off to explore, or stay on all the way around and do a harbour tour. It's a great relaxing way to see the famous Hong Kong skyline in more detail. If you want to visit the Hong Kong side, it's also very easy to get to on the MTR. Get off at central for the peak tram (another must), or get off at Causeway bay for the main shopping area.

I would recommend anyone to upgrade to a harbour view room. The view is AMAZING. The hotel has electric curtains that open like a grand reveal when you enter the room. It is breathtaking. The windows are floor to ceiling so you get a full panoramic view. It is even better at night!

The pool and jacuzzi were lovely, we had jet lag so ended up waking up really early and going for a dip. No-one was there, had the whole thing to ourselves. The facilities are brilliant. Even the gym looked amazon, although we didn't go there! All the cardio equipment had their own entertainment systems and TV screens! Even the changing rooms were wow. Sauna, steam room, robes, slippers, toiletries... everything you could ever need and more.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel, it was very nice. Lot's of choice! They even had a good attempt at an English breakfast. The pastry counter was full of croissants, doughnuts and different breads. Couldn't go wrong!

Everything in the hotel was clean and neat, the decor was very grand. The beds were huge and mega comfy! I have nothing negative to say at all, the hotel and it's staff goes above and beyond everything I expected. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit. Thank you Shagri-la!

Room Tip: Choose a harbour view room - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fairysam
KSLGM, General Manager at Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear fairysam, thank you for staying with us on your honeymoon. I am delighted you enjoyed our facilities and service and that my colleagues went out of their way to look after you. Congratulations from all of us, regards Timothy Wright

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My recent staying experience at Kowloon Shangri- La Hotel in Hong Kong was extraordinarily satisfying. Conveniently located at Tsim Sha Shui, the 600 plus room hotel is an epitome of luxury, where the service levels at all quarters are of the highest order.
The Horizon Club Harbor View room was lavishly decorated and the view was simply mind blowing. While staying there I enjoyed the warmth of all staff. They were very friendly and always proactively eager to help to make the staying experience memorable.
The hotel has several dining outlets , but a meal at the Michelin 2- star Shang Palace restaurant is truly a culinary delight. The menu offered by Chef Mok is fantastic and a major feature of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sandip H, thank you for your feedback. I am delighted your enjoyed the spectacular views from our Horizon Club Harbour View room and the meal at our award-winning Shang Palace Chinese Restaurant. Thank you for staying with us, regards Timothy Wright