This was our second stay at a Shanri-La property. Our first was in Kuala Lumpur. Our stay at the hotel in Kuala Lumpur was exceptional and unfortunately this hotel was not up to the same standard but it was still very good.
Staff are wonderful and help make for an enjoyable stay, they are pleasant and helpful.
We were a party of three adults and found the size of our room to be extremely comfortable. This is a very expensive hotel and although we did book a club room we could not extend to a harbour view room.
The club lounge, which is located on two floors, had a wonderful view. Food on offer was pretty standard but the personal provision of corn chips and dips, which was continually topped up during cocktail hour was a very nice touch. There was a large range of alcoholic drinks available, including cocktails which was a treat.
There has been many comments about the breakfast available at Kafe Kool, although it was good, we have had much better at other Hotels. We felt the variety was lacking but we did notice that the options improved on the weekend.
We had a late flight on our last day and the hotel was very generous in allowing us an extended room check out time of 2.00pm (any later and they charge) as well as access to the club lounge until later in the day. We thank the Hotel for this generousity which was greatly appreciated.
The location of the hotel was good. The trains were not too hard to get to. There is less walking to the Tsim Tsa Tsui East train than the Tsim Tsa Tsui train.
For the same cost, Langham Place represents better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong