Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,564 results
All reviews horizon club lobster bar summer palace pacific place guest relation team peak view room peak tram admiralty station staycation experience birthday cake room check harbour view lobby lounge impeccable service in room dining memorable stay shopping mall
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights for business. It's a great hotel, big clean and beautiful rooms - with a huge and grand bathroom.

The restaurants are great and there is a large choice. The hotel is in a good location with easy access to the MTR and business district. Staff were very friendly, helpful and very attentive.

Cannot fault this property.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lula007
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Island Shangri-La for two nights at the beginning of October and we were lucky enough to stay in one of the Executive Suites.

You enter the hotel at ground level where you will find the reception area. The actual bedrooms starts on the 39th floor and you are whisked to your floor (ours was the 43rd) by express elevator.

Our suite had excellent views over Victoria Peak, as well as having a side harbour view from the bedroom, which meant we were able to watch the fireworks to celebrate China National Day from the comfort of the hotel.

The suite was furnished to a very high standard and it contained all the luxuries you could want or even need whilst on holiday. There was a Bose IPod docking unit in the bedroom, as well as a DVD player and TV in both the bedroom and living area. Also, you could (if you wanted) take a bath and watch TV as there was even a TV in the bathroom.

Breakfast was served in the Cafe TOO, which is located on the 7th floor. The choice of food available was unbelievable and the service provided by the restaurant staff was exceptional. Likewise, all the staff in the hotel (from the reception staff to housekeeping) were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Whilst this is not the cheapest place to stay in Hong Kong, it is certainly one of the best and if you are on a stopover or only spending a few days there you should consider spending the extra cash to experience what only can be described as 'pure luxury'.

1  Thank Budge_8
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Island Shangri-La for a long weekend together with my parents who were visiting from Europe.

I had stayed in this hotel once before for a short business trip, so I was aware of the excellent service we could expect.

Once again Shangri-La did not disappoint. I do travel frequently for business throughout Asia and have stayed in Shangri-La hotels in several cities. This specific hotel is however the best I have experienced so far. At no other hotel did I enjoy the personalised service more as here. From the moment we entered we had the feeling we were "part of the Shangri-La family". The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and take initiative at every level to make your stay most comfortable. We did make use of the laundry service and at some point we called the IT manager and the technical team to help us set up projection of our desktop screen on the TV in the room, and I must say that all of them maintained high levels of personal service, from the bellboy, to the cleaning lady, to the hosts in the Horizon Club lounge... we were very impressed!

The hotel itself is also very nice. We payed for an upgrade to a suite which also gave us Horizon Club lounge access. We had peak view rooms. Views are stunning. I heard that the harbour views are actually the better ones for the view, but the peak views are really great. The rooms itself are very stylish and equipped with all modern infrastructure and equipment. We had Bose speakers, Samsung flatscreen TV's, rainshower, etc etc. The suite is very large, with a sitting area, bedroom, bathroom and separate toilet.

We also found that the horizon club lounge was really worth going for. It is quite a formal and classic setting, done in a very styleful way. Again, excellent service, great views and there is even a separate outside garden with seating area which is nice if the weather is not too hot. From 6-8 pm there is cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres, champagne, selection of wines and desserts.
As breakfast option you can choose between the lobby buffet, separate breakfast in the adjacent Petrus Restaurant or the regular breakfast buffet in Caffe Too. The breakfast buffet with a la carte order in Petrus was very tasteful and ideal to have a leisurely start of the day. The second morning we tried the general breakfast buffet which had a huge selection, and was again very good.

Obviously, the price is not cheap, but if you want to experience a great service in the centre of Hong Kong Island, this is really the perfect option. We all felt that the upgrade to the Horizon Club was also absolutely worth it.

For business travellers as well as tourists who want to enjoy luxury in style and like to be pampered, this is the way to go!

2  Thank Limshang
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Knowing what a busy hive Hong Kong is day and night and having stayed at very decent residential apartments here before, I wasn't very hopeful on catching up on sleep and some peace and quiet after a week of busy meetings. I could hardly scrutinize the advise of an experienced colleague, who stayed at Shangri-La on several occasions, so I went ahead and booked.

The vibes of warmth and attention radiated by every member of staff set a very pleasant tone for the whole of my stay. Not only was I impressed by the openness, attentiveness yet professionalism of staff, but the addition of lush interior (a combination of calm and harmonic colors, marble and a 10 store-high interior wall lined with vegetation, which served a double purpose of providing some clean and fresh air - a commodity in itself in Hong Kong as anyone will tell you) was akin to spending a week in a royal palace.

Scenic views opening up over the city center from my 49th floor window compensated for the lack of time I got to spend exploring the riches of this vibrant city), doubling as a on-demand observation deck. Despite literally overlooking some of the busiest city centers on the Planet the room served as a quiet and protective retreat any veteran jet-fresh traveler will know to appreciate.

Perhaps the only reservation I have about this magnificent retreat is the fact few places in Europe can aspire to resemble it.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank JoYeung
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I would definitely recommend this hotel and is one of the best that we have stayed in. Location was excellent and close to everything. Hotel was very nice and the service was excellent. Could not fault it in anyway.We loved the Lobster Bar and Grill Restaurant and we ate there quite a few times. Defintely recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Date of stay: September 2010