Recently stayed on the return from a trip to Asia having stayed at the Peninsula on the way out.My agent had an agreed upgrade from Peak view to Harbour view.On check in we were taken to a room that purported to have a harbour view.I was reminded of the early days of package holidays or seaside landladies when the "sea view" could be had by leaning out the widow with a giraffe like stretch to catch a glimpse of something blue!.Yes the harbour could be seen but the main view was the high rise in front.
We then visited two other rooms.an attempt was made to get us to upgrade at an extra $500 HK a night,untill eventually we were offered what we had booked a very acceptable harbour view.Why not first time?
Hotel is well located and most other things worked well.Breakfast operation impressive.The pool was very nice and suprisingly quiet given its location.
I have always been impressed with Shangri-La's Chinese restaurants.Singapore,Kowloon,Bangkok, but the Summer Palace here on the island was pretty average.There is a branch of Peking Garden restaurant in the Pacific Place centre next door which served us a much more accomplished meal.
Overall a mixed experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong