Located in Queensway close to government administrative buildings and a luxury shopping mall, this five-star hotel offers luxury accommodation, very good food and impeccable service.
As the hotel was full I was upgraded to a suite, but I saw a colleague's standard room and it was almost as spacious and well-appointed. The beds are comfortable, tea and coffee making facilities available as well as free Evian water, Chinese sweets and fresh fruit and free Wifi.
The breakfast buffet is immense and caters to every taste, with cooking stations for eggs Western style, Chinese noodle soups, Chinese dumplings and Indian pancakes, and a huge array of pastries, fruit and fruit juices, yogurt, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, to choose from.
The decent-sized gym is open 24 hours and the open air swimming pool (both on the 8th floor) from 6 am to 10 pm.
From the pool boys to the receptionist to the bell boys and restaurant staff, I found everyone professional, attentive and eager to please.
I was there for business but will definitely return for pleasure even though I prefer the TST area of Hong Kong - it's only a short taxi ride away, and the Shangri-La is better than the hotel I usually stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong