This hotel is everything you would expect out of a 5-star hotel: beautiful interiors, little touches during turn down service, clean and spacious rooms etc.
My only gripe would be that it lacks that personal touch of service as compared to nearby JW Marriott. Staying at the latter, made us feel infinitely warm and at home. Every service staff displayed true hospitality at Marriott; it was hard to beat (stayed at Marriott just 3 months ago). What Island Shangri-la lacked in the genuine hospitality department, the beauty and grandeur of the rooms tried to make up for it. Marriott on the other hand, looked slightly dated and aged in comparison.
Since I'm one of those travelers who value service, I would rate Island Shangri-la 4* overall and Marriott 4.5*. Both are good hotels though :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong