We stayed on the 48th floor, peak view and loved the room with a King sized bed and of course the amenities. Personally, I prefer the peak view than Harbor View, as it is green and interesting to look at. Really couldn't find a thing to critic except it would have been great if they had Fox News & Fox Business, as well as the other news channels which they did have (CNN, Bloomberg & BBC). Al Jezeera is in Arabic and not English, unfortunately. I always love the welcome jasmine tea, piping hot and delicious.
The location is also wonderful coming out at Pacific Place in Admiralty for the MTR. The mall here is top luxury class and not crowded. This write-up by another person has nice photos of the room and interesting commentary ( http://eattraveleat.blogspot.com/2011/02/island-shangri-la-hong-kong-deluxe.html )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong