“Fantastic”

Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
Ranked #13 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here on business for two nights in a harbour view room. The room itself was beautiful and the service impeccable. A lovely fruit bowl, welcome tea and pineapple cake on the first night made me feel very welcomed. The bath and shower were both large and luxurious, and the bed was firm and very comfortable. Ate once at the Chinese restaurant Summer Palace - excellent, and a few drinks at the Lobster Bar outside - great cocktails and service. The only thing I didn't like was that the door was a bit chaotic in the evenings, and the concierges were not very helpful when my airport limo was late coming to pick me up. According to my limo driver, the doormen did not let him park in the front of the hotel to pick me up so he went round the building several times.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Excellent service and convenient location - linked to Pacific Place mall with good restaurants and designers stores. Well equipped gym and Housekeeping do an immaculate job at keeping the rooms in good order. Fifteen to twenty minute walk to IFC and it's easy to catch a taxi to Kowloon etc.

1  Thank Su-Ann K
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I used this hotel for a recent business trip to Hong Kong. The office is in Pacific Place and this is very convenient. I have previously stayed in the Conrad when in Hong Kong, but, this was far better.

Club rooms are fantastic, the views from the 52nd floor upward are superb (if you get the weather) and the club lounge is more than adequate.

I arrived having lost my baggage at the airport, in only my suit rom the day at work, the reception managed to find me a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for me to wear in the room. Excellent service from the off!

When I arrived in the room, I was greated with a pot of tea in a hamper, a box of choclates and a pineapple biscuit in a small "dim-sum steamer" style box, the room was spacious and well maintained.

When my bags arrived, the bell hops brought them to my room (firstly sending a note to say they arrived), excellent service.

Only one complaint, due to the amount of floors, there is a fairly long wait for the lifts, at one point I waited for over 5 minutes, which seemed crazy.

Room Tip: Set off early if you are needing to take a lift from a high floor!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

At least, certainly the best I've stayed in. Someone with a great eye for detail has thought through the experience of a guest. Accommodation is excellent, breakfast has amazing variety, the views (in any direction)are fantastic, but what makes it really outstanding is the service — there's always someone ready to help, without it being in any way oppressive. A great place to be!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I stay here at every opportunity when visiting HK. The hotel is ideally located an supremely well maintained. Neighbouring Conrad and JW Marriott hotels are both good second options but do not stack up to the Shang. Stunning pool with IM Pei's Bank of China masterpiece in the distance. The restaurants are all top class. Stunning harbour views from the lounge at the top of the hotel. Hot tea is waiting in your room when you first check in. Very good gym facility. In short, the ideal place for business travel and for visiting tourists.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed in a high floor room with a sweeping view of Hong Kong harbor. Excellent amenties and technology. Service was awesome, the bell hop zipped me over to my destination in a hotel car when I was running late and the taxi line was a mile long. Good buffet breakfast. The bar kept me hydrated!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Mostly I am not in the mood to write a review but I stayed so many times in
this hotel and I feel I should say it again. This is one of the best city hotels
I have stayed in the past years. How many times ? I can't remember again but
7 or 8 times and my recent visit in late november was again TOP OF THE TOP!!
The interior is Shangri-La ! Nothing else , you might like it or not if you are a design
guru you should in the Upper-House but if you like a bigger hotel with luxury touch
and splendid restaurants, you feel like home here. I always mention a quiet room in
my bookings and so I had no to comment on this while check-in , my room was far
away from the elevators , perfect. I would like to mention again the Cafe Toe for
breakfast and dinner-buffet, what a choice and I am not a big eater so I see happy
people around putting up their dishes with Lobsters, Sashimi and all the fine delicate food.
Extremly efficient staff here. Congratulation again, this hotel is top-notch in all senses unless
the Spa which I only visited once some times ago and which did not convince me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business