In common with several other recent reviews, I found the Island Shangri-La to be superb. It is a genuine five star hotel, with impeccably delivered service and an air of luxurious comfort and seamless efficiency.
My girlfriend and I were in Hong Kong for a break and, from the moment we were collected at the airport, to the moment we departed, our treatment was, in every respect, first class. The Shangri-La group has a reputation for quality and this hotel must surely set the global benchmark. Personally, I would rank it as the very best 5 star hotel in Hong Kong, and that's saying something given the strength of the competition.
I think what this Hotel has is strong management, a top-quality work-ethic amongst its well trained and well motivated staff and an understanding of what service is about. Physically it is in a good location, sited above Pacific Place mall, to which it has good access. It jostles shoulder-to-shoulder with the Conrad for a fine view of the harbour and our beautiful suite on the 49th floor had breathtaking views of the harbour. The room facilities are fantastic, as you would expect, and every step of the way, for every moment of our stay, we were made to feel like we were the only people in the hotel. The service style is to be discrete but very, very efficient. This is a hotel where things work, but you don't notice a lot of fuss being made.
We had breakfast each morning in Petrus - excellent - and used the Horizon lounge early evening for some fantastic refreshments. All the staff seemed to know us by name and the Island Shangr-La is the kind of place where nothing is too much trouble. We also ate dinner at the Summer Palace downstairs and can recommend that highly too. We certainly had a wonderful stay and would recommend it to anybody looking for a luxury treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong