We stayed at the ISL on our first trip to HK. The service was excellent throughout. The concierge were helpful with restaurant bookings and transport advice (even making dinner reservations for us via email before we even arrived at the hotel) The rooms were of exceptionally high standard and large. It is worth paying extra for a harbour view room especially if it is your first trip to HK as the views were great. A highlight for us was the pool area, which was well designed and again with exceptional attentive staff, a great place to relax after a few hours of sight seeing in the day.
Location is great for shopping mall below, walking into the city and transport links.
We didn't drink at the lobby bar but there was always nice live music playing. It's a shame there is not a bar with a view (unless you have access to the horizon bar-which has amazing views for a drink at night but not lively) so if you fancy a drink in a bar with a view with atmosphere I recommend the bar at the upper house hotel just next door, it has a great restaurant too.
Would definitely stay at the ISL on our next trip to HK, it was perfect for us in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong