I went because of James Bond and the green Rolls Royce and all I had heard.
I had lunch at 2pm in the foyer - and even then people were queuing for afternoon tea... don't know why because the tea was about as expensive as my very good, beautifully cooked and presented lunch. The service was fabulous, discreet, quick, unhurried, subtle.... lovely.
The best bits were - for me - the building itself 1920s colonial rococo, and the people watching. There is nothing more amusing than watching people staggering about laden with high-end shopping bags in weirdly "trendy" clothing.... ghastly brattish children indulged to the hilt; ancient wives clinging on to out-live their palsied husbands; trophy wives fearful of being out-trophied (and atrophied); happy rich young people on honeymoon..... the list goes one.
So, I would go for the experience. I suspect that the afternoon tea whilst popular is overpriced... my lunch seemed very good and well priced. Can't comment on the rooms as I haven't won the lottery.... I would gladly review the rooms, without bias, if the management were to offer me a freebie suite :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors. Contemporary and chic, The Peninsula Hong Kong is considered a legend of the East defining luxury hospitality. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and elements of personalisation, the rooms accent simplicity and elegance with an aesthetic that melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, eight award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade. A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula