There is something about grand ol hotels and their over the top elegance that only the super riche and moneyed elite can conjour up. Such is the effect of arriving at a place such as the Peninsula. While there are many grander super uber huge mega towers for the traveling elite, these older babes show us all how it all began.
When in HK do as the Brits do if you can!
I took my 6 yr old daughter and my father here for the P's classic afternoon high tea. Yes its a small fortune but still an affordable one and quite a fun ride.
The 3 tiered tray of delicious goodies, the dishes, cutlery, meticulous waiters, the rich gazing, the wannabee gazing, against the wonderfull historic backdrop of this elegant ol dame. I cant think of a better way to step out of HKs bustle. Suspend time, honor of the Queen for a few wonderful afternoon hours and then, when our ready, unclick that clock and head back out to get clobbered again by HKs never ceasing energy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula