A very enjoyable stay. The hotel, fresh from its $450 million HKD refurbishment, is well appointed throughout, and although a few things could be improved is a great option should you be looking for a touch of old world, well appointed modern rooms, and good service. More details should you wish...
I'd highly recommend the hotel Rolls Royce airport transfers ($1600 one way, or $2900 return). Escorted from the gate in a buggy, you are soon through immigration and customs. Upon arrival at the hotel, check-in is in-room - and was efficient and informative.
The Grand Deluxe Harbour View Suite was very spacious (130 sq metres) and exceptionally well appointed, with views on three sides of the tower. See photos. No small touch has been overlooked - universal device chargers, noise cancelling head phones, iPhone connectors, Nespresso machine, free VoIP calls and in-room movies, and printer to name a few. Decor is contemporary, and the integrated tablet control system allows you to control most electronic devices in the room from one device.
'Salon Ning' bar & club definitely was the highlight of the venues - with good service and a great 1930's Shanghai theme. 'The Bar' had disappointingly unattentive service, with a large albeit predictably main stream whisky selection and classic decor. 'Felix' on the top level of the tower has a great view, however service and drink selection again was disappointing.
Breakfast in the Lobby was a la carte, and although good it wasn't great. Room service was well presented and tasty.
Recommended - a good selection of treatments, very relaxing and well appointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula