This is your typical old musty hotel that wants to be 4 or 5 stars but is the US Equivilant of a $80/night Day's Inn plus a Plasma TV and Concierge/Nice Lobby.
Everything about it was mediocre, we left after one night went to the less expensive W Hotel which was infinitely more enjoyable. Service was rediculous at the W vs. the barely English speaking concierge and 2 different rooms we had that smelled like smoke at Mandarin Excelsior.
Oh and book online if you do go because they try to charge you more than the Website if you show up, we had to haggle over that too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong