wife and I stayed here May 2014 for business and holiday.
1- the staff was very helpful in assisting wife's company retreat and the Concierge especially in helping us plan routes using public transport to go to less known neighbourhoods. We had a few mornings where staff would research for 10-15 minutes the best routes for us.
2- We were to stay here a week and the clothes hangers were not enough- but a call to housekeeping and we quickly had 10 more.
3- the location is good- near shops and good restaurants and very short walk to MTR and buses. Across the busy alley is a smallish modern shopping center (WTC).
4- the breakfast had a large spread, nothing special, with the usual Asian and Western, and was included in our room cost.
5- the dim sum, at least when served at the retreat, was very good.
6- the bed was quite comfortable. The room did not have unpleasant odors and was fairly soundproof, though it just may be we had quiet neighbours.
1- the rooms are very small, especially the standard rooms, but this is common for HK. We had a harbour view but the view is mostly of construction just across the street. The toilet is small and not that modern- the mirror would completely fog up after a shower in the tub and would need to wipe clear the mirror before shaving.
2- the hotel is a bit outdated. This was most evident in the room where there was a total of only 2 electrical plugs at the work desk to charge phones, plug in laptop, etc. Water kettle and other such things were hardwired into furniture or walls, with no plugs at bed side. Being a bit outdated but clean in general is acceptable. But in this age of IT equipment having only 2 plugs in room is not.
3- the A/C at the retreat meeting rooms were not able to be adjusted to the desired room temperature. It was too cold and a few attempts was not successful though the staff made good effort. Conclusion is that the equipment is not the most modern.
Conclusion- we would stay here again, mainly for the excellent service, the cons are livable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong