Stayed for 4 nights March 2013. First impression of the Hotel dissapointing, very tired and in need of refurbishment. However the hotel staff in reception, concierge, and restaurant were fantastic, very polite and helpful, the concierge extremely helpful and informative.
We booked a deluxe harbour view room, the view was rather industrial, however beyond that the the skyline was very pretty. The room was very tired, but clean and functional.
Breakfast was very good offering the usual selection for all nationalities; the staff very accomodating and helpful.
We ate in Dickens bar the food was delicious, good portion sizes and good value for money, the staff very welcoming and efficient.
The location of the hotel was perfect for getting about, very near the MTR and brilliant for shopping. Our stay was brief but we managed to do so much and see a lot of Hong Kong.
Places to see - Peak, Stanley and the market, the ladies market at Kowloon, and the starlight ferry at night is very beautiful.The avenue of stars nice walk, but not very interesting as we didn't know many of them.
All in all a very enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong