1532 was the room I was allocated following an arrival into hong king on New Year's Eve. The room is functional and I was able to get a good nights sleep in the comfortable double bed. The harbour view is limited from the window but many people flooded out into the street to glimpse the fireworks.
We met in the dickens bar just off the hotel lobby. The atmosphere was lively and many people were enjoying the British style food on offer. Beer at 73 hkg dollars per pint is quite expensive. Many people let the bar after happy hour had finished. Even while sat at the bar , the service staff were never proactive at offering refills. Not a loss to me , more to the bar takings, as after waiting ten mins for a refill and being continually ignored by a succession of bar servers , I went back to my room and the beers I had sourced from the local 7-11
. On the night off I ordered rom service of seafood with noodles. The noodles were hard and crispy , a fact pointed out when I ordered. The dish was tasty , hot and delivered within 25 minutes. Maybe the softer type noodles would have been better for this dish. None the less , it was filling and very good value.
The room overall was good for my stay. There were sufficient suitably placed wall plugs and an adaptor for non HK appliances. The location as mentioned by other posters, is really good. The mrt is 5 minutes away from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom is equipped with a free smartphone with unlimited Internet access, complimentary local and international calls to five countries. Perfect for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong