The Excelsior, Hong Kong
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$267
$196
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$166
Cordis Official
$603
$330
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$138
$129
$172
$147
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$87
2,738 results
All reviewsdickens barcauseway bayworld trademandarin oriental groupegg tartsharbour viewrooftop barvictoria parkexcellent locationbit datedexecutive floortimes squarebusiness tripbusiness hotelshopping areatop floormtr station
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had hoped to stay at the Shangri-La but when we booked our trip this was unavailable due to a recent fire. The choice of the Excelsior turned out to be an excellent one. We stayed three nights from 4 November.

Our room, although compact, had a good view over the typhoon shelter. Rooms facing the ferry terminal would have been even better but we're not complaining about what we got. It would not be expected that rooms in a four-star hotel in a crowded city like Hong Kong would be any more spacious than what we had.

This four star hotel acts like it's five-star. The standards are first rate. There was an amazing variety in the breakfasts with a truly international range and the first floor cafe was particularly good for lunch. The staff were highly attentive at all times.

The bonus is that the hotel has a roof terrace and restaurant which commands one of the best views on Hong Kong Island looking along the coast towards the ferry terminal. We dined there one evening and enjoying the magnificent eliminations.

It is debatable whether the hotel is a little bit away from the centre. We found it easy to get around Hong Kong by taxi but those who prefer the empty our will find a station just round the corner where there is also an interesting collection of modern shopping malls and street markets.

Well done, Excelsior.

Room Tip: A hgh floor with view to Ferry Terminal
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank captainchaosandjenny
Reviewed November 26, 2012

NICE HOTEL~stay 3 nights.reception is good.we want a quiet room and give us-very efficient.
we speak manderin. The recetpionist talk to us very polite.
Room is quiet clean. I like the pictures on the wall~very chinese trandional.
After shopping, the room is a good relaxing place for me and my mum.When we want what we need~after talk to room service and concierge. They have immidate reaction~very good management!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank casey c
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel very frequently in the past and have also tried other HK properties. I stayed at the Excelsior again recently with a group of friends. The rooms, while not the newest, offer good beds and some rooms offer great views over Victoria Harbour. The overall offerings of the hotel is great. The location, restaurants and personal service are superb. Difficult to find a better value proposition in HK. I recommend staying in executive level floors with access to the lounge. The hospitality, service and the food/drinks they offer is better than in most lounges I have been. The Excelsior is really a great hotel at the best spot in Causeway Bay.

Room Tip: Choose the Harbour View rooms, executive club level
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BMS01
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Beware of this hotel !

I have stayed at the Excelsior more than 10 times over many years for professional reasons.

During my last visit to Hong Kong on October 13th 2012, I happened to leave my my iphone on its charging dock in the room. When I returned, the Iphone was gone. The hotel has flatly refused to do anything! They have checked the surveillance cameras and confirmed that a number of THEIR STAFF have entered the room. They refuse to admit or accept that their staff have stolen the phone. Unacceptable!
I HIGHLY DISCOURAGE THIS HOTEL! AND WILL NEVER COME AGAIN.
Alain Rabion

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank rabionite
PR_ManagerHKG, Public Relations Manager at The Excelsior, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Mr. Rabion,
We are very sorry to learn about your disappointment. After we conducted a thorough investigation and no conclusive findings were revealed, we offered to summon assistance from the Hong Kong Police Force to further investigate the incident but it was turned down by your good self.
Your feedback is important and we very much hope you would consider coming back. I am confident you can enjoy the excellent standards of services with which we are generally associated. If this is the case please do no hesitate to contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangement.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Room (# 810): Although a little worn out, the room was spacious and appeared clean enough. It had sofa, desk + chair, 1 double bed and 1 single bed, 2 bath robes, plenty of clean towels, safe, iron box + stand, mini bar / snacks, prompt room service, complimentary water and in the bathroom shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, dental kit, vanity kit (no bidet though).

Breakfast (café on 1st): A lovely huge buffet – waffles, pan cakes, egg station, dim sums, noodles, salad station, fruits, breads, sausages etc. A bit pricey though (nearly 200 HK$ per person).

Dinner: Our group rented out all of Tott’s, they had a nice buffet and a live band.

Service: Good service, staff are very friendly and helpful.

We had complimentary wifi but I believe that is because we had a large group, I don’t believe wifi in room is complimentary otherwise. Our room view was terrible but who goes to Hong Kong to sit in the hotel room and look at the view, right ?! This didn’t bother us too much.

My only complaint was that when we checked out the receptionist gave us a bill for breakfast. We had already paid for breakfast ahead of time. And we showed her the bill as proof of payment. She refused to acknowledge it claiming that we didn’t pay for both days and asked us to sort it out with the breakfast café. This was a bit unprofessional. She could have clarified this by making a call or sending one of the hotel staff up to the café. So we went back up to the breakfast café and the manager confirmed that we had cleared all our payments, he apologized for the confusion, escorted us back to the checkout desk and sorted it out with the receptionist as well. At no point did the receptionist admit her mistake or apologize to us. She just continued on to the next guest without even glancing at us. Frankly, we found her to be very rude. Some may brush this off as miscommunication as maybe the staff were not well versed with English but we want to highlight here that she spoke fluently and understood English very well. These last 10 minutes made me rank the hotel "average" instead of "good".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business