I stayed for six nights at this hotel and received the best service ever. The concierge service was EXCELLENT ... from helping to arrange for tickets to watch the Dancing Water Show in Macau (a MUST see) to providing packing boxes and ropes - everyone was just so helpful and efficient.
Room was spotless; the amenities (Salvotore Ferragamo) were very complete and replaced everyday; the valet box was extremely useful for collecting the daily newspapers, putting shoes to be polished (for free) and receiving faxes. Excellent.
The location of the hotel is at the heart of Central, Hong Kong. A 5-minute walk to Lan Kwai Fong, where all the pubs, clubs, restaurants and art galleries are located. For shopping, from the time you walk out the back door of the hotels, branded shops are everywhere and it is within walking distance to the Landmark shopping center.
Breakfast was not included, but the buffet is excellent. My only gripe about the hotel is that internet is not included. I think for a hotel of Mandarin Oriental's stature and for the price I paid which was around HKD5,000 a night, I think internet should have been included. Additionally, I felt that the room had very low ceiling, probably because it was an old hotel and was refurbished.
However, all in all it was truly an enjoyable experience and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental