Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$584
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$193
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$237
$249
$408
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Metropark Hotel Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$119
$78
Trip.com
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$245
$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$294
$242
Agoda.com
$172
3,115 results
All reviewsclipper loungecafe causettecaptains barman wahhermes toiletriesoriental suitecake shopbest hotels in the worldroom servicefour seasonsturn down servicetop floorfavorite hoteljet lagluxury hotela harbour view roomconcierge desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Mandarin Oriental when I am in Hong Kong. The rooms are great, the staff is very attentive, the location is fabulous, and the breakfast buffet is lavish. I just hope they don't build something large across the street that will block the view of the harbour.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with harbour view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had the pleasure of visiting this spectacular hotel at the beginning of May. Well worth a stay. The view from room was good and room itself the best I have stayed in.
I had a few days there and enjoyed the beautiful tea, dining experience and lunch in a few of their restaunts.
Had a famous shave and swim on top floor too.
The only thing I can critise on is the Wifi. Its not free which I think is a bit much concidering the cost of a room there. However this does not influence the overall enjoyment we had there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The most consistent in service, cleanliness and professionalism. From years past till today it has kept its standards, everything there is to say about this hotel is excellence. Despite competition both in Hong Kong side or Kowloon it leads the way in service, professionalism, attention to detail.

When I booked online I requested Concierge to assist in my restaurant reservations, within minutes they had a response in detail.

Checking in is very personalized, a person escorts you to your room to make sure your needs are met. You will always come across a staff very professionally groomed and ready to assist. Other hotels do this in this league but here it is not stiff, it is warm and natural.

The room is the cleanest and comfortable. Irish linens, oriental and modern interior blended very well. Bathroom is maintained excellent, the toiletries are Hermes. Water is always at hand, shoe service, everything they do is a notch up.

The location is great, connecting to Prince, Landmark and IFC by arcades. Great for a rainy or hot day.

Restaurants are the best in HK especially the Man Wah. I will describe that experience in a separate review that it deserves.

The least feature is not being met at the Hong Kong station when you take the Airport Express. Four Seasons has a van to meet you and bring you around the corner. Here at Mandarin you're on your own and if taking a cab is adversarial rather than a car then this is the least feature.

Room Tip: There is a choice of a separate enclosed water closet set apart from the sink and tub. This is an important feature if there are 2 of you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had to spend a weekend in HK conducting interviews but the experience was marred by me feeling under the weather. So, spending the time having a flu on business is never a welcoming experience. So, I was particularly thankful for having the royal treatment in The Mandarin Oriental. I am usually bias towards its sister hotel, The Landmark Mandarin, but due to an art convention, most of the rooms were full. Settling for what I thought was second best, I was prepared for less impeccable service. Boy, was I wrong! Although this is a busier hotel, there was nothing for one to find fault with! The staff was extremely professional, room service was very prompt (I had to eat in because I wasn't well) and the food - was very tasty in spite of my bland tongue.

I had to take most of my meals inside the hotel as I conducted my interviews - from the Grill and Pierre's to Cafe Causette and The Clipper Lounge - nothing short of amazing by way of service and food quality. And really the staff was caring without intruding, and I was surprised many remembered my preference although I was there for only 4 nights!

In all, this is a world-class gem of a hotel - and bears true testimony to the quality that is truly befitting of its name. If you want to feel royal, I will highly recommend you coming for a stay!

Room Tip: Corner suites are very spacious ... with a fantastic bathroom, massive wardrobe space, and a great living room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LenaYong
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed in Deluxe room 1110, city view, on 17/5/14. Excellent furnishings, clean and stylish. Global standard. Excellent location for business. Great gym. The French sounding bistro for breakfast is great. I totally recommend this hotel (again).

• Stayed: May 2014