I had been to this property before, but had never stayed there. We loved our Oriental Suite. It was such an inventive use of space. Although it is only 700 sq. ft. or so, it is divided into about five different areas: bedroom, living room, bathroom, dressing area and entry hall. Instead of feeling poky, as is possible, it felt incredibly clever and private. Our large bathroom was wonderful, with two huge sink areas and a large shower with Acqua di Parma products. Every room has an Nespresso, which was a great help with jet lag. Service was great.
A special feature of this hotel is the wonderful breakfast buffet. Try it. You will not be disappointed. It's the first place that I ever had whole wheat steamed buns...and they were memorable. Also, try the air yogurt. I'm not usually a yogurt fan, but this was a light take on yogurt, with wonderful fruit. I couldn't get enough. The rest of the pastries were top notch. All breakfast items were incredible. I don't know of a better breakfast than this in the world.
One small niggle...we stayed here on American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts rate. We were supposed to be upgraded if possible. Our first Oriental Suite was situated towards the back of the hotel, with no view to speak of. Very nice, but a little dark. When I inquired about a better view, they did give me the Deluxe Oriental Suite on a higher floor at no charge, with view of the harbor...but I was entitled to this anyway under the terms of the Amex rate. So I don't think I should have had to ask for a better view, when this upgrade was clearly available. It should nave been given automatically. I hope the MO will pay attention to the Amex rate and the benefits associated with that.
But other than that, the stay was brilliant, and don't miss breakfast. You will regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental