“By far my favourite hotel”

Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #6 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“By far my favourite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I just love this place. Everything is at the highest standard, the staff is very attentive, the interior very stylish and the service is excellent. Everything i really need from a hotel is perfect at the Oriental. There are lots of small details which make you feel special. I left my iPad on the table and when i came back a microfiber cloth was next to it. My all time favourite hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My virgin stay at the MO and I truly hope that it won't be my last! Just sublime. My only complaint was that we were given a 'non-smoking' room which clearly had been smoked in. I got a very faint wiff when we first checked in, but was so blown away by the room that I forgot about it. However, when we went to bed, we realised that the pillows absolutely reeked, and I mean reeked of smoke. Unfortunately, by this stage it was too late and we were too tired to try to change rooms, but consequently I didn't have a good nights sleep.

When we called reception first thing the next morning, the explanation was that someone had probably been smoking on the balcony and the smoke had drifted in! Well, needless to say, we didn't agree with this. But as one would expect, we were moved to another room, a few doors down that was smoke-free and even more luxurious. Thank you MO, for listening to us and our needs. Once again 5* reaction/service.

Room Tip: Just make sure if you want a smoke-free room that you double-check and don't be shy to complain...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights.Staff at hotel were extreamly helpful and attentive could not ask for better.
Room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom area is divided in three with a separate shower and bath / toilet / sink and amenities area.
The breakfast in the clipper lounge was excellent with the eggs benedict being my favourite. Freshly made on order.

I enjoyed my say at the MO on Hong Kong island with the great location also.
The only downside was the wifi setup here. I felt it is outrageous that in this day and age that you pay for internet access when paying such a high room tariff.
As I needed to use the interest I paid the fee on two occasions. To further my annoyance it was not that fast of a connection and I was only able to use the connection on the device I connected with. Most people these days travel with both laptops/ tablets and smart phones and to have to pay for use per device I feel was not acceptable. Having stayed in other hotels in Hong Kong where internet is complementary it would unfortunately be a big deciding factor on what hotel I choose on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pinkie30
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We love coming to stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong for weekend escapes. The service is always outstanding - we are always made to feel so welcome. From the moment you step out of the taxi you feel the genuine service. It is consistently outstanding - such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra to get a view of the harbour
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

A special thank you to the team at the Mandarin. Service was 5 star!! We stayed here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary - the team surprised us with a wonderful bottle of champagne in our room and an upgrade! Thank you to Kenny and the team for greeting us so warmly and for extending our check out to accommodate a late departure from HK.

The hotel is in a great location. Easy transport links and great shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

hongkong is shoppings heaven.i cant stop myself!!!!cheap!!everthing!!!hotel is a single building it is really worthy.perfect service staff.and facility.they always smile very sweet.make me shy haha.very nice seascape and there is a telescope in room!!prefect

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong on business for a short trip, and it remains one of my most memorable stays of any hotel in the world. I loved every part of it - the outstanding service, the friendly staff, the great location, the huge rooms (relative to HK) and the amazing food.

I really hope to get a chance to stay there another time, and I will make it a point to stay at other Mandarin Orientals if I get the opportunity.

I could not recommend this hotel more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business