“Absolutely perfect!”

Ranked #6 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Mandarin in Hong Kong. Booked through Amex Centurion, therefore had the benefits... I was upgraded to a very nice Mandarin suite, which was amazing! Great friendly service throughout. The only downside might be some waiting time at breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Quiet_Traveller1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from two stays at this hotel - once at the beginning of a trip to mainland China and another for my last two days before returning home. I cannot say enough about the quality of the staff and the quality of the rooms. Everything down to the smallest detail is first class. I hope I can return soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Really superb luxury hotel, with splendid location. We stayed here as part of our 3 week trip to Thailand & Hong Kong.

Arriving from Koh Samui after 8 days of relaxation, we were looking forward to Hong Kong as something very different! We had arrived over the Chinese New Year Holidays and found everywhere decorated and very festive, including the Manadrin Oriental.

Our room was on the 17th floor (out of 25) and on check in we were asked if we would like to move to a room with a front harbour view as there were to be fireworks over the bay to celebrate the New Year. We upgraded, I think the cost was very little, about $100 US, but the view was superb as was the firework show which lasted for nearly an hour.

Our room was adequate, not large, but then space in HK is at a premium, the bathroom was newly refurbished, and a little small. The shower was set up to flow onto the floor area beside the bath, so it splashed all over the tub etc, not well designed!

The breakfast in the Clipper Lougne was magnificent, with both wonderful waiter/waitress service and a huge array of both western and oriental foods of all descriptions arranged as buffet presentation - I counted 16 different fresh fruit options. A great way to start for a day of energetic sightseeing.

We did not eat in any of the other restaurants, as we were out most of the time, however we visited them all to see what we may have been missing. The view from the 25th floor Chinese restaurant was outstanding and we could quite see why it was so highly regarded.

When we came to leave, our flight was late at night and the hotel were able to arrange a late check out and we kept our room until 6pm with no extra charge - very helpful.

All in all a very stylish hotel, although now, one of the smallest building on the island, when it was opened in 1963 it was one of the very tallest; we would recommend it to visitors to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Go for a high level floor, and a room with a view across Victoria Harbour towards Kowloon.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is definitely the best location for a hotel in Hongkong. Service is top notch, especially the Concierge staff. My husband and I had tea, what a wonderful experience from the silver to the pastries and the homemade jam. The services of the barber shop particularly the Shanghainese pedicure is phenomenal. Everything went well - room upgrade, late checkout, rooms now have a clothes steamer and coffee machine, I can go on and on...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maria r
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The entire hotel staff could not have been more professional. We had a very serious situation happen to one of us that was not related to the hotel and every person from the hotel offered us help in any way we needed. They went out of their way to help us and offered assistance and checked up to see if we needed anything. Anytime we were walking in the hotel lobby at least one person from the staff would ask if they could be of any assistance to us. They could not have been anymore helpful to us. Everyone from the bell man all the way to the managers were top notch and could not have been any better. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I will defiantly be staying here upon my next visit to Hong Kong. The rooms were very nice and clean. Hotel in a good location. All around great hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great hotel. Nice location if you're going to use subway to travel around, It is located right on top of Central Station, so the subway is literally steps away from the door. Service was stellar, probably comparable to my experience at Conrad Tokyo (and you know how polite Japanese people are). Had the comped breakfast there which was decent but not great. In particular, having grown up in China, I know good youtiao 油条 when I see it (crispy and tender, etc etc), and the youtiao at MOHK was pretty nasty in comparison, you can probably get better on the streets in Beijing or Shanghai (I'm willing to let this one go bc we arrived at breakfast toward the end, maybe it was better when fresher.) In any case, I mean it's the MO, you know what you're getting into. You're definitely going to have a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently spent one night at the Mandarin. Originally it was two and I checked out early. I guess I expected a bit more . I was really turned off by the fact that they charge for Wifi. I have stayed at other luxury hotels and that is included. I would just add the wi fi on the original rate for close to $700 a night. The fitness facility was average . The room was parital city , harbor. Nice design but the bathrooms I found to be small with a single sink. It was a wonderful location and the staff was accomodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a package that includes your breakfast and wifi, so you are not found withj any fu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends