I have stayed here a few times over the years. Definitely a treat for me . . almost affordable luxury but worth it. (Actually average price for a 5star hotel in HK.) For this category of hotel, attentive staff, high quality amenities (Hermes) and beautiful rooms are expected and I wasn't disappointed. The room was a good size and nicely arranged. Even though the hotel sits in an area of one of the most expensive real estates in the world, the rooms are a decent size starting from the smallest studio at 344 to 430 sq ft for a standard room. This is before going into the suite which range from anywhere around 1000 -3000 sq ft. The hotel underwent a huge renovation which aimed to maintain the old world charm but to update the internals such as state of the art sounds systems and wonderful bathroom areas. All rooms have a Nespresso machine with complimentary capsules as well as tea.
Location is in the heart of the main business and shopping district of Central. Walk up the hill to Lan Kwai Fong for night entertainment and restaurants. For those more intrepid walk up the hill a bit more and come to Hong Kong's SOHO (south of Hollywood Rd).
I would definitely come back as I have done over the years. I thought it was high time I wrote about how enjoyable my stays have been. Thank you everyone at the Mandarin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental