This is my first stay at the Mandarin Oriental - have stayed at the more boutique Landmark MO before and loved it. The original MO is a bit like an old dame with excellent cosmetic surgery. Elegant, cosmopolitan and all around wonderful service.
The only thing I don't understand is why this hotel charges for wifi. I can see why less expensive properties need to make ends meet and use surcharges to that end but the MO is at the other end of the spectrum. Very annoying - I hope management changes its mind. We are in 2012 not 1999.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental