My husband and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for 3 nights in November 2011. It was a fantastic experience. This was my husband's 5th time and my 2nd. They remembered my husband upon check in and welcomed us back. Check in took 2 minutes and we were escorted to our room. Everything was effortless.
We stayed at a study room. Which is smaller than a regular room and didn't have a bathtub. But the layout and hotel furnishings were nice and tasteful. We wanted a bigger room but the hotel was fully booked.
Service is excellent. Every single hotel staff member was smiling and ready to help or assist. Nothing was a bother for them and they were eager to be of service.
Breakfast had a nice spread and you have an option of Continental, American or Chinese. Everything was yummy.
Location was perfect. It was a 2 min walk to the MTR, and was across the street from all the high end shopping!!! Chanel, Prada, YSL, Church's, Tod's, Tiffany's, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga and Celine were nearby!
Sheets and towels were of good quality. Pillow and bed hardness were just right. We slept well every night. There was turn down service every night.
Hermes branded bath products were nice. Bottled water was replenished every day.
Overall, it was a terrific experience. We will definitely be back. Mandarin Oriental is a great choice to base yourself in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for over 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental