“Nice rooms great location and service”

Prince (Marco Polo Hotels)
Ranked #43 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very comfortable stay. stayed in a premium room which was very modern and comfortable. The location was excellent for seeing kowloon and markets with a busy nightlife (shopping) and restaurants. The service here is unmatched. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. Rather expensive at AUD225/night (shoulder season), but a wonderful place to stay. Very high level of customer service with staff friendly and attentive. Rooms are spacious - a premium in HK. Rooms well serviced every day, fresh fruit replenished, evening turn down service and wonderfully comfortable beds. The only small complaint is the hot water was not the best early in the mornings (around 6am). Later in the day it was fine. Hotel is attached to the Harbour City shopping centre - we spent most of a day just wandering around looking at how the other half live (all shops Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Armarni, Dior, etc). We paid for a breakfast at ADD restaurant on one day. Food was nice enough, although not spectacular and not cheap. Location was great - MTR and star ferry 5 min walk. Free shuttles to Kowloon station (airport train). Most of Hong Kong prices (food, shopping, tours, etc) comparable with Australia, so don't expect a cheap holiday. TST is a vibrant area and this hotel is close by. I don't know if we were just lucky, but there were no screaming kids, no loud tour groups and no banging doors. Rooms very quiet and a peaceful stay in the middle of a city of mad activity.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First time in Hong Kong, I wanted somewhere central, near an MTR station and a reasonable price. This is exactly what the Price is. It cost around $450 au dollar for 4 nights. Customer service was very good, big rooms for Hong Kong, air con and wifi all very high quality. Service all speak very good English and were very helpful. I would go back

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Prince hotel. This was the second time that I returned, after 15yrs later. All these while when my family and I return to hkg, we stayed in another hotel.
Anyway, I would stay the staffs, being the key element of the hotel, is doing an excellent job in making the us feel welcome, the moment we arrived. Though a little mumbling from the reception staffs over the check in procedure, we were offered a personalised service to be ushered to our floor and room..
Room was long and diagonal, big enough to fill two queen's bed in it. Re-renovation did made the room 'more lively'..
Cleanness was well accepted throughout the room..
Price wise, in the middle range of our budget.. As we return to hkg more than 4times a year.. It's ok for us..
Location wise, it is quite troublesome and some distance walk to nearest mtr station; 7-11...
Overall, an ok hotel without a Wa factor..

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank denverhull
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went to HK with 15 of my high schoolmates for the weekend. This hotel was on the top of our list.
Rooms are spacious and clean. Location is a big plus especially since we wanted to hang out
more on the Kowloon side during this trip. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alsq
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

All staff are quite friendly and helpful. Good location with convenience to everything. The rate is a bit expensive though. The noise caused by renovation didn't really influence me, overall good especially thanks to all staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were in HK for the Coin and Watch Convention held at Holiday Inn Nathan Road. While there are numerous hotels around the area we choose Prince which is under the Marco Polo Chain of Hotels as our base for the more than 14 day stay there due to its proximity to shopping and food outlets which are all under one roof at Harbour City Kowloon. I think this is also the place where you can take a ferry ride to Macau. I have never tried it so Im not sure. You can find a lot of high end shops, restaurants inside the mall or even outside it. Of course HK is a haven for hole in the wall restaurants serving authentic noodles and rice toppings which you can find everywhere. Finding a good restaurant is not hard, just look for the one with a lot of people eating or queuing up. Dont be intimidated with the staff or owners manning these restos who speak limited english. Just point at the photos of foods that you want or look at the food being served around you and point at it. For me the best noodles can be had in HK even in small shops. Just add a bit of chinese vinegar to it to have that out of this world taste.

Going back to the Hotel, what can I say, during our stay everything was almost perfect. We had problems with the Wifi connection since it slows down at around midnight. When we complained about it, the AM went up to our room and checked it. When she found it really slow, we went to another room on the 14th floor and checked the connection which we found to be good so we transferred there. Fruits in season as well as newspaper are always provided and when we asked for extra water, they doubled the allocation each day, but 4 500 ml bottles is really not enough for two grown persons, its a good thing that watsons and 711 are just nearby, or City super a nice mini supermarket where you can see a lot of expensive seafood from all over the world is inside the mall. But once you step inside you will be tempted to buy things which you dont need, in my case, I bought a sashimi and sushi pack even if I was already full. How can I resist the vibrant colors of the seafood.

Hotel amenities are superb, housekeeping are topnotch for travelers like us who leave the room like a pig sty. In our country, even the lower class can afford to have maids, in our case me and my brother in law have maids and drivers to serve us. It is really hard for two grown men to keep the room tidy but at least, me being the younger wash the cups, glasses and utensils before we leave the room.

The price is on the higher side but for me, you are paying for the convenience and amenities.

Whenever I stay in Kowloon, I prefer to stay at this hotel or in Marco Polo also located inside the Harbor City mall.

Room Tip: They dont provide wifi boosters which they place inside the room. The connection at 1423 was good a...