Access to the hotel was a little daunting owing to traffic jam outside main entrance, but a bell-boy immediately appeared to take my luggage. Check-in at the Club Floor was swift and genuinely warm, and my suite was delightful. Bathroom amenities were excellent, better than some of the much pricier Island's 5 stars. Bed was very comfortable. Room spotless. And, singularly, mini-bar prices were not outrageous! Free wifi in the Lounge and free LAN in your room.
Food in the Club Lounge was excellent, with a very good carte for breakfast. Champagne good. Service excellent. Tempura Set lunch in Japanese restaurant was a delicious (and copious) bargain. Pizza could have been cooked at a higher temperature in Cucina, but this and wine nicely priced. Service in both very good.
The staff could not do more to please – this rates as excellent, even in Asia Pacific.
Location – it is Kowloon-side, and therefore full-on hubbub outside. From full-price Versace and Vuitton to irritating touts hawking copy watches, dodgy tailoring, dodgier massage, and handbags. Felix is a short walk and elevator away (need to book well ahead), as is a host of other offerings in and around One Peking. Kowloon Airport Express station, MTR and Star Ferries are all close.
Joy of joy – I never once had to give my room number – they knew who I was – old-style Asia Pacific hospitality, missing from many 5 stars.
I fully recommend this hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel has recently completed a comprehensive hotel exterior upgrading programme, all rooms are now available to provide exemplary standard of service and ensuring high level of customer satisfaction. Overlooking the spectacular Victoria Harbour, the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel is located along Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, at the heart of the city’s busiest commercial, shopping and business hub. The Star Ferry and Hong Kong’s cruise terminal are at your footstep, while shopping is right next door with the hotel forming part of Harbour City – Hong Kong’s largest shopping complex. After an exciting day of sightseeing or business meetings, settle into one of the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel’s 665 guestrooms and suites while staying connected via the complimentary Wi-Fi internet service, and the complimentary handy smartphone which is now fully up and running throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marco Polo Hongkong
- Marco Polo Hotel Hong Kong
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Marco Polo Hotel
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Hong Kong