I was excited to go and stay at the Marco Polo HK Hotel bec it's supposedly better than Gateway. Whenever we go to HK, we stay at the Marco Polo Gateway. We were happy with the rooms/suite they gave us before. When my husband contacted the MPHK to book 2 rooms for Feb07, we were assured a free upgrade to a deluxe room. They gave us a confirmation number and all.
Upon checking in, computer showed that they accidentally CANCELLED our booking and gave away our rooms to other guests. Then they had a hard time finding us 2 rooms! After 1.5 hours in the lobby, they finally found 2 rooms for us. If we paid extra, they will give us a suite. Thinking a suite would be nice splurge, we agreed to pay extra. We ended up getting a deluxe room connected to a suite.
Having high expectations, I thought we would get nicer rooms. WE DIDN'T. Suite wasn't available till 7pm. So we got the Deluxe first. IT WAS TINY! Hardly any space to move around. around 40sqm only. They had the nerve to call it a deluxe. I wonder how the standard rooms looked.
But we were still optimistic bec we would have a Suite. But when the Suite was finally available, we were so dissapointed! It was cramped. There were so many corners/walls. The layout was weird. The couch had so much stains on it and it was so gross! I didn't want my kids to sit on it. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and had bubbles in them. It was very dirty. Bathroom was regular. Nothing special at all. it looked like an ordinary hotel bathroom. Hardly a Suite's bathroom. Bed was like a small queen or a double! There were so much stains on the carpet, and there were even potato chips bits on the floor left by the previous guest!!! GROSS.
I really hated the room and dreaded spending time there. It was too bad that I was with a baby and toddler and we had to spend afternoons in the room for their naps.
It was also very noisy bec there was construction across the street.
On the other hand, the location is the only thing going for this hotel. It's very easy to access mall and good restos nearby. Very convenient that it's near Star Ferry to go to Central, 7-11, Starbucks, Grocery, etc. We had a semi Harbour View.
Aside from James at the Front Desk, all the rest of the staff were very nice, helpful and pleasant. Mr. Raymond Lao, the manager, was also very nice and tried to remedy the situation.
I'm NEVER staying in this hotel. Not worth the money. We should have stayed in Gateway or maybe in a hotel in Causeway Bay for lesser cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel has recently completed a comprehensive hotel exterior upgrading programme, all rooms are now available to provide exemplary standard of service and ensuring high level of customer satisfaction. Overlooking the spectacular Victoria Harbour, the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel is located along Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, at the heart of the city’s busiest commercial, shopping and business hub. The Star Ferry and Hong Kong’s cruise terminal are at your footstep, while shopping is right next door with the hotel forming part of Harbour City – Hong Kong’s largest shopping complex. After an exciting day of sightseeing or business meetings, settle into one of the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel’s 665 guestrooms and suites while staying connected via the complimentary Wi-Fi internet service, and the complimentary handy smartphone which is now fully up and running throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marco Polo Hongkong
- Marco Polo Hotel Hong Kong
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Marco Polo Hotel
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel Hong Kong