“Great location”

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel
Ranked #78 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is superbly located for the star ferry terminal, shopping and metro stations. The hotel staff were lovely and really helpful at helping us to get around when we needed a bit of assistance.
We visited in December and the foyer was all Christmassy and lovely.
Our room overlooked the pool, it was spacious and really nice.
Used the pool a few times, we had this to ourselves - no-one else around using it

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is large and there is an almost constant buzz around the reception area. The way the staff deal with this large volume of people is nothing short of commendable. We were fortunate in that we were upgraded to a suite on the 7th floor and this was a real bonus. We had luxury accommodation for our 4 day stay.
We really enjoyed our breakfast with excellent service and culinary delights to satisfy the appetites of guests from all corners of the globe. We had dinner in the lounge bar one evening and this was served to a very high standard. The waiting staff were excellent.
Kowloon is a busy busy place and just about everything is on walking distance. If the weather is bad then you simply walk out of the hotel and into the 700 shop Ocean Terminal shopping centre. Visits to Hong Kong Island are easy, you simply take a ride on the nearby Star Ferry and enjoy a peaceful trip across Hong Kong harbour. The view from the boat gives a wonderful perspective on the buildings and the landscape that make up Hong Kong on both sides of the water.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm C
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Hotel is perfectly located at the Tsim Tsau Tsui side right around the corner the of the Star Ferry Terminal. If you need to go to Hong Kong Central you cross over with the Ferry for 2 HKD no traffic will bother you ! There is no real Lobby, more a Shopping Center ambience and the Main Entrance is very crowded. The Check inn is a bit like throwing dice, I arrived after a 12 hour flight at 08:00 am and needed to wait for about 1 1/2 hours before I got a room. Plenty of other guest checked in before?? Room is nice bathroom only a bathtub with shower not the 5 Star standard I would say. Breakfast is good all variations from European to Hot and Asian. All in All a good Hotel but for the price you pay a bit on the high side. No possibility for late check aout after 2 pm without to pay 50% of the daiyl room rate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mapaulus
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I choose to stay at the Marco Polo each time I visit HongKong, which is approximately 5 times a year. The service is outstanding with the concierge always greeting me with a friendly smile. The position of the hotel is fantastic, the rooms are always spotless and the hotel restaurants are devine!
One great tip is to use the hotel mobile phone which can be rented for a minimal daily charge..it allowed me to call mobile and landlines in Australia, talk as long as I wanted and it was free of charge..it saved me a huge amount of money!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Every few years, some family members feel the need to reconnect with their old childhood hang outs in Hong Kong. We've been staying at Marco Polo HongKong Hotel for the last 3 trips. On my second trip, I just found out that my son is allergic to feather. So, I asked housekeeping to remove all the down bedding (such a hard sacrifice). When we went back on our third trip, which is two years later, the housekeeping team remembered my request and made sure the bedding was down free. I was very impressed with such personalized service. The lounge waiters were also especially welcoming and service oriented. One of the waiters knew that I had ordered the wrong breakfast and politely suggested the correct one for my next order. He remembered my preference and was so polite about it. This is a hotel to stay for frequent travelers to Hong Kong. It's our "home away from home" hotel choice!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ferry side of the building. Gives a great view of the fireworks on the Hong Kong side a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ban C
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon, we found the staff lovely and welcoming, the hotel nice and clean and in a great location.
When we got to out room we where greeted by a fruit basket and bottle of sparkling wine as a congratulations to us. Also my birthday was the second night we stayed here and the hotel sent a little cake up with happy birthday on. Also the cleaners done such a wonderful job on out room. We both would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hong Kong and would defiantly stay in a Marco Polo hotel again.
Thanks for making our stay so memorable

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice hotel, good value. We had an upgraded 'deluxe' room I believe, lots of space including a small room with surfaces all round which was perfect for laying out suitcases so very easy to keep tidy on a short trip where we didn't want to fully unpack. Very clean. Nicely decorated, quite modern. Good restaurants in the hotel, with amazing views over hk, and nice food. Breakfast good, all buffet style. Very helpful concierge who helped us with restaurant reservations, taxis etc (note always carry the chinese symbol name of your hotel and destination as many taxi drivers do not speak english) and helped sort an error by our travel agent, calling many numbers to track down who we needed to speak to as we couldn't due to not speaking Cantonese. Great location in kowloon, near mtl (hk subway, easy to navigate as they translate everything to english on all signs), near amazing shopping etc. Overall everything you could want in a city centre hotel. Would recommend to anyone staying in hk.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple