“Wonderful”

Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel
Ranked #81 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Marco Polo for a week and we were spoilt. Room and facilities are excellent, staff couldn't be more helpful, location is easy to get to and the food was great.

We had an issue with our room and the staff immediately assigned us a new room so they could figure out the problem without disturbing us. We also were given a hamper in apology. Service was excellent.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liss01

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently book a 2 bedroom with 2 seperate bed with the hotel. We specified that we want 2 seperate beds, same floor, non-smoking floors upon our booking. When we arrived at 3pm for check-in the front desk informed us that only one room is available and we could put our items on that bedroom first while the other room is still being cleaned up. We agreed and say we'll just return later tonight to get the key for the second room. When we arrived at around 7pm to check for the second room, we went into the room on the same floor but the bed was only 1 Queen size bed. I knew from reading some TA advice that if you wait on the room to make the changes this will be a very frustating event. So we just left the room and went downstair to inform the front desk about the situation. They told me that they have another room but on a different floor, I agreed as long as it fits our need of non-smoking and two seperate bed.

Overall, our stay here is quite good since the location is basically very near a shopping mall, close to mrt, close to the ferry and relatively close to nathan road. The housekeeping staff is quite good, we requested for additional pillow and they came immediately, we requested for newspaper every morning and they oblige, they even gave us additional bottled water when we came back to our room one night after seeing them in the hallway.

For a hotel at this level, the rooms are pretty good size specially considering HK. However, it is a bit old already and needs some renovation or upgrade. The complimentary coffee is just instant coffee, which is far inferior to other similar hotel class that gives better quality of coffee such as nespresso. The bathroom amenities aren't that high class as well. But these are just small things that I didn't really mind since I don't use them as much.

I am a bit nitpicking here, but the elevators are a bit slow... there are days when only 4 elevators are working...and there are a lot of queue especially on certain rush hours of the day. On the day of our departure we also have to wait for a few full elevators running down before we can get in.

Having said these, I still think that this is a good hotel due to its location and bedroom size for HK.

Room Tip: I politely ask the front desk for any room upgrade, normally in other places I tried this and they d...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We've been staying at the Marco Polo for years and it still hasn't changed much. This is not to say that it could use some improvements in some areas, but the areas that matter - service, luxury, elegance have not changed a bit. It's been 20 years and this hotel has not faltered one bit. There are other, more modern hotels around the city such as the Mira and the Icon that I have stayed, but I find myself continually coming back to the Marco Polo. Call me nostalgic, but some brands just age well and the Marco Polo is one of them. Good breakfast too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Marco Polo Hong Kong is about what you would expect of a 5 star hotel. We decided to pay the extra and upgraded to the club suites that included breakfast, afternoon drinks and cocktails with canapés and drinks in the evening. All in the club lounge and all complimentary.

The breakfast was lovely as was the evening experience. Outstanding service by well trained staff.

The room was very well appointed with a super comfortable bed and very quiet. The view was "forgettable" with our window overlooking a loading dock 17 floors below. But apart from that it was exactly as you would expect for a quality hotel.

The location is ideal and only a short walk to the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island.

So if you are prepared to pay the money, then this hotel lives up very well to its reputation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pisang
Reviewed November 8, 2012

It was a 6D/5N stay in this hotel; my hubby and I sure had an awesome time. The rooms are spacious, and elegant. There's access to Harbour City which is so convenient as most of the signature brands, good restaurants and among others are located in that mall. Walking distance to the ferry terminal going to Macau, HK Cultural Center & Museum, Clock Tower, etc.

There was a time that I was inside our room, and forgot to double lock our door. The supervisor knocked 3 times, he was doing housekeeping check. I was talking to someone over the phone that's why I wasn't able to respond back, so the supervisor opened the door using the housekeeping key thinking no one's in there. He was surprised to see me, and immediately apologized. He explained he was just checking if our room was neat and if the toiletries were replenished already. I said everything's good, and that I will just call if I still need something from them. He again apologized sincerely & walked his way out of the room. After a few minutes, I heard another knock, & when I opened the door, the lady housekeeper handed me a plate of fresh fruits & a glass of Orange juice. She said it was sent by supervisor specially for me. :)

Overall, it was a great stay, and we will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KhristineMetroManila
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Once again exceptional service from all staff at this hotel.Greeted by a smiling porter on arrival,
Uncomplicated checkin and smiling welcome faces from the stff on the continental club floor

All assistance handled with professionalism and obliging staff.Thankyou once again to Winnie and her excellent staff

Room Tip: Bookings made for the Continental Club rooms include breakfast, evening drinks and Access to busin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were booked in hear as part of a package. What a great experience, everything happens with a minimum of fuss and everyone is smiling and friendly. The room was immaculate with all the normal features. The hotel is situated right at the harbour new the mammoth Harbour City shopping complex. The ferries to the island are just around the corner. A very comfortable stay. We purchased the breakfast which was well worth it for the quality and extensive range available.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple