“JW Style Service”

Ranked #23 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“JW Style Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Everything you can expect from a JW. Food variety at the concierge lounge was exceptional, everything from fried noodles to rice and dim sum, an amazing start to the trip! Service was top JW quality, as a platinum member I was treated well and given a high floor with a great view. The hotel is conveniently located, connected to the subway which takes you anywhere in minutes, and a 5 star shopping mall- Pacific Place. The other option was the Ritz Carlton, cheaper than the JW but I went with this hotel and it was a good decision.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor- 30 and above to catch the HK Harbor view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank John K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I think most people know about Marriott. To my surprise, the one in HongKong is a very class hotel. Not sure because I get a special room or not, but to my surprise... they provide fruits daily and twice a day room service. I came back after dinner with a shock that the room got cleaned. but Kudos to that.

My view is facing Victoria harbour (if I remember correctly). A very beautiful view it supposed, but at that time was blocked with some cranes as there were constructions. But it still a beautiful view.

The rest of the facility just as fantastic. 5 star grade. See pictures for detail. I just lazy to comment one by one. They are all just good.

One drawback... the room pretty small.but I understand this is what normally happens in HongKong.

The private gym has most what you need. I have seen better, but no complain at all.

The breakfast? fantastic!

Room Tip: Higher and facing victoria harbour if you dont mind paying more.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank kebosatu
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 21, 2014

this hotel has a great location, however it is not up-to-date in terms of a quality and design you are looking for at a 5* hotel. the rooms are ok, however has old design and it was relatively pricy for the quality.
the boutique coffee shop near the entrance is really good - especially the coffee.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
jwmarriotthk, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear AM3108,

We appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience and your feedback is very important to us as we constantly look for opportunities to improve our hotel and services.

Yes, we recognize the need to remodel the hotel. We have finalized design plans for Marriott Café and begin reviewing design scheme for the Hotel Lobby and Lobby Lounge areas. In addition, we will start the initial planning for a guest room renovation, which likely to begin in early 2016.

Last year the hotel completed an extensive renovation of the pool area on the 7th floor creating a new outdoor bar and lounge area to compliment the popular Fish Bar. Most recently the hotel launched “Flint Bar & Grill” on the 5th floor, which I do hope you will have an opportunity to experience should your travels bring you back to Hong Kong.

PS: I am happy you enjoyed our signature coffee from the Dolce 88.

Warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Flying into HongKong late at night, the last thing I want to do is wrestled with my luggage and race to catch the MRT's Airport Express to the city. But with, Marriot's limo service, I was whisk away in a Benz and just relax while surfing the web (limo has a wifi) through my 40 minute ride to the hotel.
Arriving at the hotel, I was greeted nicely by the Marriot staff who guided me up to Executive Level, 34th floor into my room; where she finalized my check-in process right there at my room's office desk. My luggage arrived couple of minutes after she left.
The room is spectacularly design with electronic curtain and shades control. The Mountain View is nice but mostly blocked by the towering Shangri-La and Conrad hotel next door. The bed is nicely downed with high threaded soft cotton that just invites you to stay in bed all day. The bathroom was well equipped and very spacious.
The lounge in the Executive level floor is an enjoyable extension to your amenities while in Hong Kong. In the morning, you can have a relaxing breakfast in a nice comfy sofa while enjoying the ocean and Mountain View; or have a late night cap in the evening with your favorite cocktails.
But all this luxurious facility is nothing without the people that makes them complete. The English speaking Filipino lounge staffs were attentive and bring their own Filipino hospitality with a smile while they pampered you.
Overall, my 3 nights stay with Marriot was marvelous. Definitely, will be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Get to upper level lounge early for breakfast in the Executive floor. It is much quitter than the lo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I Booked the hotel via the ctrip app, they made a confusion and cancelled my order. Arriving at the hotel they could not find my booking and they did not give me the same rate as the app, unhelpful and unfriendly reception. It was like accept this or leave.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank LeonardoMG
jwmarriotthk, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear LeonardoMG,

We appreciate that you have taken your time to share us with your experience. Kindly contact our Guest Relations Team directly and we can take further investigation into matter. Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have stayed here before but only for one night. This time a friend and I went for a few days. The room was great and the staff was very friendly and efficient, especially Clara in reception who dealt with our tricky bill. Comfortable beds, good spa, good food and great location. My only minor niggle was that they never seemed to want us to sit in the lounge even in late afternoon when all we wanted was a drink with a view. There were men doing this, but no women. A good place.

Room Tip: You pay for the views but all the rooms have something to see outside the large windows.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank joanne7575
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The JW Marriott Hong Kong was a nice visit. It was an average for a JW property. Good location. Staff was friendly. Clean hotel. Rooms were average size. Nice workout facility. Executive lounge was good. Overall, nice visit and good value for the price

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business