“A very high quality hotel”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #26 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
London
“A very high quality hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and couldn't fault it. An extremely modern hotel in a great position. It is absolutely perfect for business, and given that it is a great position and sitting adjacent to a stunning shopping centre, pretty good for anything else too. Highly recommended.

An outstanding breakfast too. This was included in my room rate, so I can't comment on the value, but with the shopping centre next door there are lots of good places for breakfast to be had if the hotel is too pricey.

Room Tip: They offer upgrades for a harbour view. In my opinion the view they have of the harbour doesn't...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is run by top notch management and personnel and it shows in every aspect. The rooms are all first class as are the restaurants and other public areas. If you are fortunate enough to experience The Lounge on the Executive Floor, you will understand my post. It really is one of the finest in the world.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very conveniently located, nice hall, good choice of bars and restaurants, adequate fitness center, attractive swimming pool, very attentive service, confortable room and very well equipped bathroom. With a better forniture and a more spacious room it would deserve a 5/5. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed February 10, 2014

JW is one of the chains that i always get bluffed with! sometimes very high standards and another with poor stranded which is Hong Kong.. room size is small which maybe you forgive them because of HK expensive real estate but the bathroom is terrible and very dated..the whole hotel is dated but the exception of the bed and linens were good. the neighboring floor rooms you can hear whats going on inside even conversations!

sorry,would never stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank SAZ040
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed several days at the Hong Kong JW Marriott in early January. Use our Marriott Rewards platinum status to get an upgraded room on the 32nd floor. Very nice room, and access to the executive level lounge. The workout facility was outstanding. Access to the metro system was easy from the basement level of the hotel to underground metro center. Complimentary bus available from hotel to Hong Kong metro stop to access the express train to the airport. A little bit of a walk to the ferry dock to go over to Kowloom, but still a good location for touristing around. Overall a great stay and looking foward to visiting agian.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terry W
China
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We are a family with two small boys. We wanted to find somewhere to stay in Hong Kong that would be in a good location - not too far to trek with our small boys; and somewhere fairly luxurious (we were on holiday after all)…but not somewhere, where we would feel uncomfortable staying with the kids. The JW Marriott was perfect for us. We had a twin room with a spectacular view. The room was spacious and our twin beds were more like small double beds. They were very, very comfortable and we slept soundly. The room was spotless and in great decorative order. We were given complimentary fruit and I'm ashamed to say - I packed the extra toiletries because they smelt so good!

The staff were so lovely and incredibly efficient. This is a very well run hotel, where everything works and the staff can't do enough for you. We enquired about using the babysitting service and the receptionist got back to us very quickly with options and prices. In the end we didn't use the service; it would have been our first time using such a service and I felt nervous that it was out-sourced. It was also pricey - around 60 UK pounds for 2 hours. This may have been because it was the Chinese New Year holiday.

We didn't eat in the hotel - we didn't want to subject diners to our noisy kids….rather we chose to eat at different outlets in and around the city, of which there are plenty of options nearby. Not least of which was Pizza Express which is a winner with the kids. If we'd managed to get a babysitter, we would most definitely have eaten at one of the many restaurants in the hotel.

I would happily recommend the JW Marriott and Hong Kong for a short family break. Get yourself an Octopus card and explore the city, with this hotel as a welcome base to come back to!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank EmSmc
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went for a short, 3-day stay for work. They got corner rooms for our entire entourage, and I think the one I shared was a double deluxe. We had the view of the mountains to the left of our beds, but the room was mostly surrounded by the nearby skyscrapers. I don't know if it's because I'm used to living in a house, but it was surreally breathtaking to wake up to gorgeous buildings rising up all around me! Made me feel small, but inexplicably invigorated.

I especially loved the prompt service I was given at any time I called for it (not to mention, my name on the hotel phone made me smile -- small joys.) I had asked to borrow a steamer for my gown, and it arrived, no exaggeration, no more than 2 minutes after I had put the phone down with customer service. Then, the steamer stopped working a few minutes into steaming, and I asked if they could come to get it fixed or have it replaced, and again, within minutes, someone was up at our room to attend to it. We asked for extra amenities, and again the same promptness. I was so impressed.

Unfortunately, down at the conference rooms, we ordered snacks in the afternoon, and they took more than half an hour. I'm not sure if it was because we ordered a lot of food, and all different dishes. This was the only setback for me throughout our stay though.

Even on our last day, we asked if we could shoot a short music video in front of their gigantic Christmas tree, and we were just taking a chance because in our country, everything needs permits or some other extra expense; but they more than obliged us, and one of their staff even held the camera for us. We just tipped him afterward.

I also really liked how accessible it was, with an underground tunnel leading to a mall, that also connects to the train station.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay. It's not the best option if you want to be closer to Disneyland tho, because even if easily accessible, it's on the other side of the tracks.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, depending on what view you want! I heard the spa/steam showers were good, but I d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business