“The only thing I could complain about was that I wasn't staying longer”

JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #26 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York
“The only thing I could complain about was that I wasn't staying longer”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I expect high quality hotels in Hong Kong to be quite excellent. I wasn't disappointed at the JW Marriott. Staff was friendly and efficient and looking out for you from the moment you get out of the car to the elevator. Check in was efficient. My room was not huge, but had a great view (a "wall" of windows) of the city/partial harbor and was quite comfortable. My room was very quiet (my preference). Lights, drapes, and everything necessary were operated by a keypad by the bed. The bathroom was nicely sized. WIFI worked without problem.

The club lounge had an excellent breakfast, a better "hors d'oevres" (can't fool me, it was dinner), and snacks from morning to night. (There were sandwiches at lunch time, and lots of cookies, candies, fruit and Free Snickers all day!) Staffing ranged from the brusque ("What's your room number?") to the very friendly and helpful ("Do you know about the laser show at 8?"). The club had an excellent view of the harbor and seating on two floors (the upstairs being away from the food but quieter). The hotel is connected to a mall and convenient to the MTR station. The exercise room was worthy of the hotel as well; lots of modern equipment, water, fruit, teas.

Room Tip: The Harbor View is quite magnificent; watch for the 8 pm laser show. If you don't mind a slight...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

When in Hong Kong visit all the other hotels but come home to the JW Marriott.
I've stayed here numerous times over the past 15+ years and though there was a brief period several years back that things were not so great thus hotel remains on the top of my list for HK.
Visit the Mandarin, Penninsula the new Ritz Carlton and all other well known stops, but come home to the JW.
Wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, excellent food; especially Fish Bar my personal fave.
Not another Marriott in my world comes close.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love that check-in took less than 10 minutes, with no wait. Love that! Hallway decor had an older feel, but I didn't mind. The room was plenty big, and bed was comfy. The bathroom was also very spacious, with lots of extra amenities. Overall everything looked clean.

There's not too much to complain about. The location is ideal, if you want to stay in Central. The hotel is connected to a high end mall with subway station underneath. My only comment is that the lobby sitting area is always jammed packed. I guess this is a high volume hotel with lots of guests. The rate is definitely not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here end-Oct. As Platinum, we had access to the superb Executive lounge.
Possibly best lounge breakfast anywhere. Nice views. Staff was very helpful in arranging
a couple of things we wanted to do. Our room was somewhat larger than the one we had 8 years ago. Excellent bed, good shower. No wait for elevators. Hotel is attached to the fancy
Pacific Place Mall, and 5 minute underground walk to the Metro. We bought the Elder
Octopus Card, which made our Metro travel dirt cheap. No complaints about
this fine hotel. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor, harbor view. Nevertheless, the mountain view is also nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I used Marriott Rewards points for a stay at the JW in Hong Kong, which overlooks the beautiful Victoria Harbor. Since I am Platinum Elite at Marriott, I had access to the Executive Lounge which has the most beautiful view of the nightly fireworks display on the Harbor. I was mesmerized by the view from the stunning top floor lounge and the food and service was the best I have ever had! Everyone called me by name and they were the most helpful staff I have ever encountered (and I have stayed at many across the globe!). The JW is an excellent location from which to launch your Hong Kong discoveries. The metro is easy to navigate and it is very simple to tour the island. The staff helped me arrange a junk to travel across Victoria Harbor to Kowloon, which is also amazing. Kowloon has some of the most fabulous shopping in the world and there is a platform from which to view one of the most incredible fireworks shows in the world-nightly!

The Hong Kong JW Marriott is one of the most beautiful and fabulous hotel stays in all my journeys!

Room Tip: Try to arrange a high floor overlooking the harbor!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sherri-Bug
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed November 22, 2013

What a comfort? - Very much satisfied with the hotel room, services and facilities. I stayed here with my wife for 2 days in November 2013 (19th to 21st) and it was one of the best hotel stay I ever had so far in my life. Very neat and clean room with all facilities. Courteous house keeping and nice front desk. I will certainly would like to stay here. You get all the food options in the restaurant. Very nice and tasty food preparations and options. Very helpful service desk and it is on the whole very comfortable stay and I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Hotel is easily accessible from Airport - Airport express train and then the free shuttle will take you to the room within 1 hour from landing. There is a shopping mall in the 3 lower floors. The MTR exit runs through this building. Get down at Admirality MTR station. Take exit F and you will be guided to the hotel easily. You therefore can move around the city and the other islands with ease through the MTR. What more do you need? We will ever remember this stay.

Room Tip: The rates are high and so depending on your budget you can choose normal room or harbour facing room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sathyanarayanan J
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was in Hong Kong for business (had an event to attend in the hotel) and was very pleased with the customer service and the rooms.

The hotel was perfectly situated (the MTR Admiralty is downstairs, shopping centres are close by, and you're well within walking distance to some local marketplaces) and the room I had was comfortable (I had a corner room, which gave me a view of the harbour and the peak).

The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean, and the amenities offered were perfect. The hotel also laundered some of my clothes - brought them back in record time, too!

The banquet room for the conference I attended was spacious and well organized. Unfortunately, there's not wireless internet access in the ballroom so plan accordingly. I would simply step out of the room and head towards the elevator where I could pick up a signal again. Signage could have been a bit better, but that's only if I wanted to nit-pick. The concierge was extremely helpful in directing me to shopping areas and local markets. They also arranged transportation for me to the airport. I had breakfast and dinner in the hotel buffet and both were fantastic.

I will definitely be coming back to the JW Marriott for my next stay in Hong Kong!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business