3 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$83
Hotels.com$83
travelup.com$102
3,983 results
All reviews premier lounge le cafe causeway bay junior suite convenient location breakfast buffet comfortable stay late check mtr neo station gym nightlife eateries exit
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2012

There was a little problem with our reservation, however customer service was not helpful at all to solve it. They repeat same sentence over and over again regardless what you are trying to explain or seek for the solution. I have tried many times to communicate with the staff in the hotel including customer service manager but no help. Either they don't want to understand you or their english is very poor. We paid close to $300 per night, the rooms are smaller then 10x10. The bed is not very confurtable. You can not expect 4 or 5 star hotel confort in this hotel however with the price we paid, it suppose to be. The hotel itself has almost no facility. The restaurant they claim belong to hotel actually belong to a different owner, not part of the hotel. Only advantage this hotel offers is being close to HKTDC show. It is in walking distance, other then I was not impressed with this hotel. I am a frequent traveler to HK and it was my first time staying here and would not recommend it at all. You can do better with this price range in a different hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank YusufYildiz
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived late on a Thursday as the Accor check in upstairs was closed we checked in downstairs. It was fast an efficient we were also offered a late check out which was fantastic. Then arrived at the room and there was a Birthday cake and bottle of Champange awaiting myself and partner could not have started of better.
We had breakfast in the club every morning great and drinks some evenings l would reco this to anyone as it is great after along day out to sit and enjoy a wine or two.
The rooms are small as noted by other reviews but who stays in their room al day not us. We felt the staff were fantastic always smiling and helpful.
Thanks Novotel for making my birthday so special.

Room tip: Chose the club if you can it is worth it
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 290meganl
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed a week with my wife, in HK to see our son. Booked a executive room in the upper floors incl. breakfast etc at the top floor (23). The lounge with afternoon tea and drinks was very - but the breakfast on the 2nd floor was something superior compared to the one served upstairs.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank HelsinkiMagga
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Arrived late on Thursday evening in a group of seven people. We had organised a transfer from the airport to the Hotel for seven people. When we arrived at the airport, we were advised that seven people could not fit into the car with luggage and as a result a further car was required to be hired at almost double the price. This was the first point of frustration as we were arriving on an international flight from Australia and of course a reasonable person who expect that we would have luggage.

We arrived at the hotel and we were told that we needed to pay for the rooms again. Given that the rooms were paid in full this was frustrating. The hotel staff argued with us that the rooms were paid for and took a lot of persuading to tell them otherwise. After a little while they confirmed that the rooms were paid in full.

The rooms were very small and cramped. Our group had four rooms between us. I attempted to book these rooms over the website and were unable to book more than three rooms at a time. I then phoned the Accor Group and spent over 1 hour and 15 minutes on the phone to the Accor Group attempting to book the rooms having a problem with a room containing 2 adults and 1 teenager as they could not understand why a 16 year old boy would not want to share a bed with his parents! When we arrived at the hotel after experiencing a denial that we had paid for the rooms and eventually solving this, there was no additional bed that was paid for in this family's room.

In addition the prices quoted by Accor for the rooms were different than what I was charged on my credit card at a signficiantly greater rate.

The location of the hotel is good - close to the MTR and a taxi depot.

At checkout this is when the real problems arrived. The hotel denied that the extra bed in the family room was paid for. I spent over 2 hours discussing and arguing with the assistant manager about this issue. Unfortunately all of the information that I had about this room was located in Australia and therefore it was very difficult to obtain this information. I was told that if I left the hotel the hotel would just charge my credit card the price they claimed we owed. On numerous occassions a new invoice was produced and extra items kept being added to the invoice. I needed to actually leave the hotel and the hotel ended up taking a further few hundred dollars (australian currency) from my credit card for the room. During my conversation for over two hours with the hotel they kept on admitting that they had made a mistake but they were still going to charge my credit card. It was and still is very frustrating. The dispute still continues.

I am disgusted in the service that we received at this hotel after arriving and being told that we hadn't paid, to then agreeing that we had and everything was paid in full to then denying this at checkout and experiencing continuing problems with the invoice. I would recommend that you do not stay here.

Room tip: Definitely have a superior or better room at this hotel
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank natjayne
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just returned from a five day trip to Hong Kong, fabulous stay at Novotel Century. After initial problem with room size , we were offered opportunity to upgrade to suite with premier lounge access. Receptionist Stephanie dealt with the situation pleasantly and efficiently and was extremly helpful throughout our stay, with a lovely gesture of a personal note informing us of Fireworks display at the harbour. TV with good selection of channels in both rooms, fridge, tea/coffee facilities including expresso machine. Buffet breakfast was excellent
All staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel was in a super location close to Star Ferry, MTR station and bus stops,with excelllent restauants close by. Returned to airport at 6:00am directly by Taxi from outside hotel for reasonable agreed price of $300HK

Room tip: higher floors on Ferry side have views over the harbour. Pool gets sun in morning.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family