“comfortable but tiny”

Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Ranked #161 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 10, 2013

we stayed here in April 2013 as a family - 2 kids and 2 adults. Hired 2 rooms next to each others.
after reading the reviews we were expecting hard beds - when expectations are set low the actual result is not too bad :) Staff is friendly and very efficient. I'd also have to say I was surprised how spotless clean the rooms were. Views over the harbour were a bonus as well - although the weather was murky so couldn't see much.

Location is superb - close to MTR and buses - we've used both daily. We haven't had breakfast at the hotel so can't comment on the food. We went to a local Chinese place downstairs serving yum-cha / noodles etc. 1/2 min away from the hotel - they don't speak English very well, but food is very nice and authentic.

Note that the standard rooms and bathrooms are TINY! I was told by my husband that by Hong Kong standard this is normal for the price you pay. Its something to note if you haven't stayed in Hong Kong before as it might come as a surprise. Also after reading other reviews I expected a small room not a tiny one :) it wasn't a problem for us at all, as we barely spend time there. We've actually found it quite amusing in the end and have a bit of a laugh about it now and then: 2 people couldn't walk past each other around the bed, and when we had kids in our room (which was every morning) - we really had to plan who can stand up form the bed and walk sequentially with everyone needing to announce where they are going! I suppose a lot of people live in rooms of these sizes so it was a bit of a humbling experience for the kids (and us :))

all in all we've enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: do not to get a room on top floors - we were on level 22, and one day spent 15min waiting for the li...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelTheWorld44
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the size of the room. I trust we can welcome you back very soon!
Best regards,
Adam Hipp

Write a ReviewReviews (2,699)

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here last Aug. 3 to 6. The location of this hotel is very near the mtr and the bus station. Took the A11 bus which terminates across the hotel so it is very convenient if you are not taking the airport exress which cost 100 hkd for one way. The room is really small but it is okay considering the price of the hotel room. We were able to use the store luggage facility while we had lunch at the nearby Family Kitchen restaurant. Staff are nice and speaks English. I was worried of the review about the bed being hard to sleep on but it was okay and having bed bites but the bes is okay and clean, but they should change their pillow thou because it is very thin and not fluffy, other than that my experience with the hotel is great and I will definitely stay here again. It could have been nice if i asked for Mr. Adam Hipp to meet him personally since he has been the one replying to our reviews hahaha!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank gerieve

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I trust next time we will have the chance to meet personally.
Many thanks again and kind regards,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Presume my 10th or more stay here. Got a twin instead a real single and great harbour view from 26th floor. Quick check in, friendly staff, Wifi connex satisfying. Since ever, just 2 elevators, which really is a bottle neck within the course of the day here. Anyhow went to breakfast at a very moderate price (not prebooked). Good quality, friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: Harbour view, as far as a certain time will be spant in the room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind comment, as well as for choosing our ibis North Point as your preferred hotel when staying in Hong Kong. It is great to read that you enjoy your stays with us and I am very much looking forward to welcome you back!
Best regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Kenopy
Manager_INP, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in Ibis North Point in late July for 5 nights. Its location is excellent, being virtually on top of North Point MTR station and just parallel with the terminus of the CityFlyer A11 Airport service. I opted for the single room with a harbour view (possibly unnecessary but it was a good view). I expected the room to be really small having read some reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of room I had. It was a single room so how much space does one person need? There was plenty of room for my luggage, and to circulate freely. The desk overlooked the harbour (which was nice). There was free tea/coffee facilities and everything worked well - shower, tv, air con. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day.
I had heard about problems with the lifts (there only being 2), but I had minimal waiting time any time of the day. I wouldn't have used the stairs as I was on the 25th floor. I made use of the 2nd floor restaurant one evening which was acceptable and quick. I was also able to use the facilities to store my luggage on departure day. Very happy with Ibis north Point and would definitely stay here again when I go back to Hong Kong. Just remember, it's a budget hotel so don't pay budget and expect 5 star. If there was one thing I'd have to mention it would have to be the rock hard bed. Now I like a firm bed but I couldn't believe how hard this bed was. Fortunately, my days were full of activity and I was too tired by the end of the day to notice!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Halescouse
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am very happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay in our ibis North Point hotel! Please be assured that your comments will gladly be shared with the team. With regards to the bed please be informed that mattress tops are fully available at housekeeping for those who prefer softer beds, please feel free to ask for one when next staying with us!
Many thanks again and best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I paid for a budget price for Single bed, but got upgraded for free to doublebed.
The room is actually very small and compact. But is good enough for 1 person travelling if you only need a place to sleep and change. Comes with necessity of tv, fridge, table etc.
Just walk 50 steps from North Point Exit A, you will reach the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Clytia N
Manager_INP, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your comments! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our location. It is indeed very popular among visitors of Hong Kong as it is very easy to discover the city from here.
Best regards.