“Good budget hotel in HK, near transportation”

Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Ranked #155 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is not so expensive compare with another hotels in Hong Kong. The location is quite good. Very very close to metro and Seven Eleven minimart. So convenient to travel and easily to find place to buy some snack and water. The staffs are friendly and speak english well. I like when they give me news paper to my room every morning. The view from my room is quite good which is difficult to find good hotel with nice view of habour in not expensive price. The room is quite clean but pity that quite small. Anyway, it is normal for Hong Kong. Just don't bring too large luggage. For breakfast, I prefer to eat somewhere outside more. The price for breakfast is quite high while I could find something nicer and cheaper outside.

3 Thank Jakarin H
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I trust we can welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been staying in Ibis NP for a couple times, but this is the first time I stay in a twin room.
it is still a wonderful experience: great location, affordable price and nice service.
For me, the only minor concern is the size of the bed, but nevertheless it is a great choice for budget-travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Hanazawa
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your comments, I am very happy to read your opinion about our location, affordable rate and service. Your kind review will definitely encourage us to continue making all the efforts to make ibis North Point your favorite point in Hong Kong!
Many thank again and we are looking forward to welcome you back!
Kind regards,
Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

stayed 4 nights before my diving trip to Cebu.. Room is very small, hardly room for your luggage..
But it's clean , bed is extremely hard to sleep on... Had a harbor view room, not much to look at..
Air con is set close to 13C... can not be adjusted.. outside temp 30C..
Buffet breakfast ??? ... save your money... just eat outside the hotel..
Next to MTR, that is a big plus and close to cheap eateries.. on the street and across the road (sports center)..

Well, as said "what u pay is what you get"
will I go back again?? No...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JYAustralia
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your time to post your review about your stay at ibis North Point. I am very sorry for not having been able to fulfill all your expectations, however I glad that you liked our location, it is indeed very easy to discover the city from where we are.
Again, thanks very much for your comments!
Best regards,
Singapore
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The MTR entrance/exit is 3mins walk from the Hotel. Opposite the Hotel is the bus terminus were you can take the Airport Bus. There's a Catholic Church about 20mins walk from the hotel.

The lobby is at L2. And there is only 2 lift to serve the whole building. Waiting time for the lift might be long during the 'peak' hours.

Counter staffs can converse in English, Chinese & Cantonese. Not sure what other languages they know. Checking in was a breeze. There are 2 computers at the corner of the lobby for free internet usage. Although its free Wifi in room, you can hardly get any connection.

I've booked a single room and the size was just right for a solo traveller. Not too small and its clean. There's harbour view from my room window. The LCD tv is hung on the wall just at the foot of the bed. The only possible position to watch TV is when seated on the bed.

Bed was hard as rock. If you're not used to hard bed, then advisable not to book this hotel. It was alright for me as I'm too tired to think of the hardness after a long day exploring the place.

Toilet is small and the shower area is just a small trapezium. Westerners might find it a little difficult to maneuver around.

Didn't book the room with breakfast as there are many choices of food outside.

For Singaporeans, its a short 10mins walk to Tim Ho Wan! I went twice without having to queue despite the peak lunch hours. Don't have to queue for hours at PS.

Location wise, great shopping at the MTR stations along this line. half an hour to reach Disneyland, Tung Chung and Mongkok & Tsim Sha Tsui for shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lifestyle78
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

ibis North Point Hong Kong
Richmond
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stay in the hotel for five days, the room is very small, the bed is hard, and the pillow very small and flat, the room is very hot, and the air conditioner is not working very well, we talk to the customer service, they are very helpful, and give me another room to check, but it is same, finally the housekeeper tell me because it is center air conditioning, you can not adjust to the lower setting, she give me a small fan.
The only good thing for hotel is room is clean, and the location, and the customer service is very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Raymond S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
ibis North Point Hong Kong