“Good for value, but beds might be a little small”

Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Ranked #155 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Taipei, Taiwan
“Good for value, but beds might be a little small”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been staying in Ibis NP for a couple times, but this is the first time I stay in a twin room.
it is still a wonderful experience: great location, affordable price and nice service.
For me, the only minor concern is the size of the bed, but nevertheless it is a great choice for budget-travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Hanazawa
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your comments, I am very happy to read your opinion about our location, affordable rate and service. Your kind review will definitely encourage us to continue making all the efforts to make ibis North Point your favorite point in Hong Kong!
Many thank again and we are looking forward to welcome you back!
Adam Hipp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

stayed 4 nights before my diving trip to Cebu.. Room is very small, hardly room for your luggage..
But it's clean , bed is extremely hard to sleep on... Had a harbor view room, not much to look at..
Air con is set close to 13C... can not be adjusted.. outside temp 30C..
Buffet breakfast ??? ... save your money... just eat outside the hotel..
Next to MTR, that is a big plus and close to cheap eateries.. on the street and across the road (sports center)..

Well, as said "what u pay is what you get"
will I go back again?? No...

2 Thank JYAustralia
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your time to post your review about your stay at ibis North Point. I am very sorry for not having been able to fulfill all your expectations, however I glad that you liked our location, it is indeed very easy to discover the city from where we are.
Again, thanks very much for your comments!
Best regards,
Singapore
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The MTR entrance/exit is 3mins walk from the Hotel. Opposite the Hotel is the bus terminus were you can take the Airport Bus. There's a Catholic Church about 20mins walk from the hotel.

The lobby is at L2. And there is only 2 lift to serve the whole building. Waiting time for the lift might be long during the 'peak' hours.

Counter staffs can converse in English, Chinese & Cantonese. Not sure what other languages they know. Checking in was a breeze. There are 2 computers at the corner of the lobby for free internet usage. Although its free Wifi in room, you can hardly get any connection.

I've booked a single room and the size was just right for a solo traveller. Not too small and its clean. There's harbour view from my room window. The LCD tv is hung on the wall just at the foot of the bed. The only possible position to watch TV is when seated on the bed.

Bed was hard as rock. If you're not used to hard bed, then advisable not to book this hotel. It was alright for me as I'm too tired to think of the hardness after a long day exploring the place.

Toilet is small and the shower area is just a small trapezium. Westerners might find it a little difficult to maneuver around.

Didn't book the room with breakfast as there are many choices of food outside.

For Singaporeans, its a short 10mins walk to Tim Ho Wan! I went twice without having to queue despite the peak lunch hours. Don't have to queue for hours at PS.

Location wise, great shopping at the MTR stations along this line. half an hour to reach Disneyland, Tung Chung and Mongkok & Tsim Sha Tsui for shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank lifestyle78
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Richmond
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stay in the hotel for five days, the room is very small, the bed is hard, and the pillow very small and flat, the room is very hot, and the air conditioner is not working very well, we talk to the customer service, they are very helpful, and give me another room to check, but it is same, finally the housekeeper tell me because it is center air conditioning, you can not adjust to the lower setting, she give me a small fan.
The only good thing for hotel is room is clean, and the location, and the customer service is very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Raymond S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

each year I will stay in this hotel two to three times, I stayed from May 25-28, no problem,but for second visit (jun 13-15), I am quite disappointed with the room, the cleanliness and upkeep of the room. the towel shelf in toilet is going to fall down, the basin stopper is rusty. There is dust under the bed. I found out short hair on the table when I checked in the hotel. I did not asked to change the room since knowing it is quite full and only stayed for two nites.

Besides I am one of accorhotel silver club members, but found out newspaper is not provided every time in Ibis north point-HKG.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your review and for your loyalty! I am very disappointed to read that this time we have not been able to fulfill your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room. Please rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to our Housekeeping Manager for immediate actions. I trust you will give us another try soon to better serve you.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is my second time staying in IBIS North Point. I always prefer the harbour view room. The room is clean and the staffs are all very friendly and helpful. The location is very convenience and easily to move around the whole Hong Kong island. MTR is just a few minute walk and the airport bus is at the harbour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your comment, as well as for choosing our ibis North Point several times as your preferred hotel in Hong Kong! Your review is greatly appreciated and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I normally like staying at Ibis hotels. I've stayed at ones in Jakarta, Indonesia and Bangkok, Thailand that were great value. However what seemed promising initially in Hong Kong turned out to be a disappointment. The view from my room was amazing but the room itself wasn't cleaned properly. It smelled in the bathroom and it took usually three attempts to flush the toilet. There was hair in the sink when I checked into the room and the Wi-Fi kept disconnecting. Front Desk's excuse was that it's because of many people using Wi-Fi at the same time. I have never had that problem at other hotels (even Ibis hotels!). The phone in the room didn't work and had to be fixed. After notifying front desk they gave me a coupon for a free breakfast buffet but neglected to tell me the buffet ends at 10:30am whereas all the posters in the hotel say that breakfast is until 12pm. Imagine my disappointment when I went to have breakfast at 11am. To top it all off, sleeping in the bed in my room was like sleeping on concrete. I was sore for the next two days. I'm sure mattresses aren't that expensive! Sorry Ibis but you let me down on this one.

2 Thank Royce_McCutcheon
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, June 16, 2013