“Dissapointed”

Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Ranked #154 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay here on 1st of June for one night. After check in I found that my room is smoking room, I call to reception and request for room changing but they said I did not request for non smoking room, and currently don't have room is available for changing, after that they send someone to spray the room but it is smelly also. First of all, I did not request for smoking room also . Second, can you ask whether we prefer smoking or non smoking room? Or else can e-mail ask for it just like ibis sheung wan? What we feel is : luckily just staying here for one night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Foo S
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our ibis North Point. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due the smoking room. You can be sure that this is a very important matter for us and I have already forwarded your comments to our Front Office Manager to follow-up and to ensure that we will handle similar cases much better in the future.
Again, thank you for your comments and I trust you will give us another try to better serve you in the near future.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Ibis Hong Kong North Point

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The small size of the room are expected in Hong Kong but this came equipped with 2 hospital-like folding beds. I have not slept in one of these for many years (8 years ago in Aalbog I think). The room features view of the harbour but you can't really it due to the mirror tint on the window glass. It is so small, getting out from the chair needs special efforts.

There is a small functional wardrobe, cum minibar (left on with nothing inside) cum drawer. A similarly functional bathroom and toilet. There is a small flat screen and the aircon is ample. The room is so sparse, I can easily count the number of items in here.

I am really disappointed in not getting a non-smoking room despite having requested this during my booking many weeks ago, I think the hotel should have informed me in advance if they cannot provide so that I can take alternative measures. The repetitive reply from the manager that the non-smoking rooms have been used up tested my sense of logic and is in fact quite offensive. Some people may not take this seriously but for me, my health is very important to me.

So IBIS / ACCOR, please throw away your "15 minutes satisfaction guarantee". Don't make claims that you cannot live up to.

Convenient location to the MTR and eating place, working wifi are redeeming qualities. No, I will not returning to this.

1  Thank wreckit
A TripAdvisor Member
Manila
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed here before back in 2010 and it has maintain itself quite well. Ibis is a no frills hotel so dont expect usual hotel facilities. Wifi is strong and the AC was strong. I was given a harbor view room which was fantastic. The 2 single beds are quite small though and is even smaller that the usual single bed. So if you are on the bigger scale, its either you get a room with a double bed or stay elsewhere. Except for the incident of a rude girl receptionist who I think was the duty manager of the day processing my checkout, my stay was ok. I took the airport bus from HKIA and it stopped a street away from the hotel. Likewise I took the same route back. The subway stop "NORTH POINT" is just a few steps from the hotel so getting around the island as well as to the Kowloon side was a breeze. Overall, this hotel is a great choice for budget travelers who just need a place at night to crash in and put their stuff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Manager_INP, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our ibis North Point hotel! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated our location. It is indeed very popular among individuals who come to Hong Kong on a leisure trip.
I am sorry however for your experience at check-in, please be assured that your remark will be forwarded to our front office manager.
Again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcome you back!
Best regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's well positioned right next to the MTR station. The rooms are small but modern and clean. Everything works. The view over the harbor or fantastic. What more do you want if you're
overnighting in Hong Kong. Staff friendly and helpful. Book this place if you're sure. Wish I'd sted here when I was last here in March.

Room Tip: Harbour view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank edwardgarfield
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
ibis North Point Hong Kong

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very good destination and very affordable. Good location, just beside a metro station, easy to find, staff very polite and helpful
Breakfast is simple but enough and delicious.
Only one thing was missing for the breakfast : milk chocolate

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, I will be very glad to share them with the Team. I am sure they will take it as a great encouragement to further improve our services. The recommendation with regards to the milk chocolate is well noted!
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room is small as I was thinking room space in Hong Kong is generally limited in size compare to other country, so I don't mind. The design for the room is modern and practical. My room is just facing the Victoria Bay, a nice sea view. It's really convenient to stay here, as just a few steps to North Point Mrt, and a few restaurant next to Ibis. I would like to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

ibis North Point Hong Kong

A TripAdvisor Member
CHENNAI
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Though the location is little far from city center, the Northpoint MTR is entrance was next door, which is very convenient. It was clean and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was good enough and sufficient. The only negative was the room size. Twin bed for two people had narrow beds in a tiny room.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am happy to read that you were overall satisfied with your stay! I am sorry about the room size though, as you might understand hotel rooms are in general quite small in town. Again, many thanks for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back!
Kind regards,