“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #155 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
montreal
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at ibis norhpoint from may 11th to the 20th in a double bed room with view over the bay. The room is not really big but it is Hong Kong so, nothing to expect bigger. I also booked my room via their website and two month earlier and I got a 40% discount on the room.
They clean the room every day (even thought I didn't want it), and their people are nice.
The situation of the hotel is good on north point and everything is easily accessible by MTR or by boat and prices are not so expensive to move around.
You can also find easily grocery stores or restaurant around.

The bad side was the smoking floors (where you can literally smoke into your room and they don't adviser you before given you your room...) I still manage to get a non smoking floor since I'm not a smoker.
Also, the Internet wasn't really good into my room during my stay there. I was really hard to get a good enough connection to facetime with my family.

My time there was good in general and I'll probably go back there if I found my self in HK again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoker room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_INP, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay stay in our hotel. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your days with us and I will be glad to share your comments with the team. I am very sorry however to hear about your experience with the wifi, please be assured that we will take the necessary steps to improve.
Again, thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back to ibis North Point Hong Kong!
Adam Hipp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 24, 2013

rooms were very small and bathroom was not convenient. Munchen Ibis hotel was totally different. are you joking with me,? why should I write more words. am I your worker, is it ok now. really a boring question pls write 200 characters minimum.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank schiffo78
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Greetings from Hong Kong and thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with the size of our room, please accept my apologies. It is important however to note that hotel rooms in Hong Kong are generally smaller than those in Europe, due to the exceptionally high value of land.
Again, many thanks for your kind review and we trust we can welcome you back soon.

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 23, 2013

we stayed for 7 nights, first got a room smells like paint, asked to change a room, been told there were no renovation going on in that room, but we are 100% sure the strong scent is fresh paint! we did get another room at the end, the new room smells 'okay', no more chemical smells, just a heavy moist smell, guess that's normal in HK?! however there's another problem with the new room, the air-con control is broken, adjust temperature didn't work, change hi to low didn't work, it seems its always on high, the air-con noise can be annoying for some at night, I'm quite sensitive to noise, so its not helping me sleep at all! need a bit of time to get use to... the size of room is really really tiny! i thought we stayed ibis Singapore before, that should be the smallest we should expect, but no, ibis north point's room is even smaller, theres no space for you to open your large luggage completely! so if you have more than 2 large luggage, you're in for some puzzle solving!

cleanliness is acceptable, bed are clean, shower area can be a little cleaner, the only time i felt its not clean is one day i get a white towel that has brownish-yellow spots, i hope its just some rust spot and not some other crap that i was thinking... oh and the old plastic kettle can be replaced, plastic is yellowing, and wearing out! besides that, its fairly clean, cleaner & staff are friendly!

however, the location is unbeatable! its not in heart of city, but its right next to MTR & airline bus station, as a foreign traveler like us, we don't need to know where to get off the airline bus, as its at final stop of A11 bus, and just 1 minute walk to north point station MTR! restaurant & 7-11 nearby, a very convenient place to stay!

we'll definitely consider ibis north point for our next trip to hong kong, hopefully they'll do a little renovation & repairs before our next trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our ibis North Point Hotel. I am very glad to read that overall you were satisfied, liked our location and appreciated the service of our staff. I am very sorry however about the smell, the air-conditioning control and the cleanliness issues. Please be assured that I immediately forward your comments to my responsible colleagues for improvements. As a result, I am confident that you will experience improved conditions when next staying with us.
Thank you very much again and best regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at IBIS north point for 5 nights. had to wait for an hour before getting my room as the check in time is 2pm. The room and the hotel in general is pretty clean. I Had breakfast for only two days and must say that the breakfast menu needs improvement. Overall had a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager_INP, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our ibis North Point hotel. I am delighted to read that overall you were happy with our hotel, please rest assured however that your comment on the breakfast is also well noted. We will do our best to make those improvements that you recommend.
Again, many thanks for your review and we trust we can welcome you back soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The location is good, very close to transport and market where the food is delicous and cheap from the market.

The room is too small and the food in the hotel is average. It helps a lot with the 50% discount by Leclub Accor Hotels. It would be better if it provide a buffet lunch like the one in Novotel, Wanchai.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your kind comments, I was delighted to read that you liked our location!
At the same time I am very sorry to hear that you found our food quality average, please rest assured that I will forward your comments to our Chef and we will work together to improve.
General manager
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a great experiences staying at Ibis North Point, the location is great only 2 minutes away from MTR North Point and less than 15 minutes by MTR to my favorite place in Causeway Bay.

The service is as great as the great 4 stars hotel even though this is a budget hotel, staffs are attentive and friendly with a great service mind.

I will not hesitate to go back to stay at Ibis North Point for my next visit to HK no matter on business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Many thanks for your kind review. We are delighted to read that you have truly enjoyed your stay in our ibis North Point hotel. Rest assured please that your compliments have gladly been shared with my colleagues and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

40m from MTR station entrance, and ferry wharf & bus interchange (including Airport bus) across the road.

Double-bed room was small but plenty of room for 1 person. Very clean & quiet. Great harbour view and the blind seals the light out well so easy to sleep in or nap at any time. Good ensuite bathroom with excellent shower.

Lift speed was a little slow, but in 10 days only once did we have to wait more than a minute or two for a lift to arrive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank kc3302_119
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Hong Kong North Point. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.