“Clean and Nice”

Ibis Hong Kong North Point
Ranked #156 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Location near north point subway station.Many eating places within the vicinity. Our harbour view room is small but clean and come with Lcd tv, ref, tea and coffee, slippers, toiletries, clean towels and nice view of the harbour. The 2 elevators seems cannot accommodate the guests during peak hours, waiting time is too long. 2 PC in the lobby free of charge for guest use is great but room also have free wifi. Buffet breakfast have good enough choices. If you can book the room ranging about HK$800 net per night with buffet breakfast, then it's worth the stay.

Room Tip: Harbour view room have very nice view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_INP, Manager at Ibis Hong Kong North Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel. I was very glad to read that you liked your stay with us, I trust we can welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Hong Kong North Point

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The was very cheap, so I couldn't expect a lot from the room. But it was still clean and good. Even though it was very small. Service was good, and I had a nice stay in that hotel. I liked everything about the hotel, I didn't love it though. The thing I didn't really like about the hotel, was that I could hear neighbors, VERY clearly. But except for that, everything was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your comments which are well noted. I was glad to read that you were satisfied with the value for money offered by our hotel. Please rest assured that your comment on the noise is also well noted, we are actually in the process of installing door seals to improve sound isolation.
Many thanks again and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Perfect location, perfect price and beautiful view.
I had stayed here for 3 Nights and felt completely satisfied with the price I was paying
The room window gave the complete view of the Hong Kong bay. Very near to the MRT and comfortable access to everyplace.
I like this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your comment and for your time posting it. I was very happy to ready that you enjoyed the view of Victoria Harbour, it is indeed a great asset of our hotel.
I trust we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My last trip to Hong Kong was over 15 years ago and all I can remember was hotels then were all very up market and costly you either had flea pits or five star properties but now moving on the hotels now available in Hong Kong are for all pockets of people.

Bearing in mind my trip was not a main holiday I booked the Ibis as I wanted something within budget and also that offered WIFI and for the cost of £55 per night I got what was on the label.

My room was small, clean but had everything I needed great shower, free WIFI, clean towels and sheets and just 2 mins from the MTR which goes everywhere in Hong Kong .
Staff were very helpful and should you require a snack or drink food is available
As well on the 2nd floor with a well stocked restaurant.

Should anybody need a great base and value for money property look no further

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel is a good deal for the price paid, even though rooms were small (10 m2) and narrow, also could hear the neighbors, still the stay was nice and pleasant overall. There was a kettle in the room, a safe and free Wi-Fi. Breakfast was also a good deal for HKD 55 +tax paid on the spot. Elevators were a mess, it often took 5-6 minutes to catch one either way, up or down; also with luggage and reception on the 1st floor it was a long wait for the elevator.
Hotel location is very good, within 20 meters from the entrance to the North Point MTR station. Travel to/ from airport is very easy using MTR and airport rail; or airport bus number A12 stops just in front of the hotel. Staff is overall nice and very helpful. Recommend staying there if the day is spent outside sightseeing etc. and the room is needed for sleeping at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I book this hotel by HP of ibis group. It cost only 6700 hk$ by 1 night. The room is clean and bigger than the room of hotel at Kowloon. And you can watch a beutiful view of the bay and the bilding of Kowloon day and night.You can ctatch the MTR station only a few minutes and airportbus sttation and ferry terminal to Kowloon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for your comments. Indeed, our location is very popular, it is very easy to discover Hong Kong from our property. I truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cons
- They had an Accor desk but it was useless as they were no staff manning that desk - they were probably running on skeleton staff on the night I arrived. During checkout at noon, there were more staff but still the desk remain unmanned. There was a manager (I believe) around but he looked as if he was more interested in his "managing" role than jumping in to assist and help to alleviate the long checkout queue. I felt rather shortchanged as an Accor member. Accor - you might as well remove that signage for hotels which are not interested to meet the standards required.
- Probably they have the smallest rooms that I have ever encountered in all the Ibis Hotel that I have used before.

Plus
- Great location as the MTR is a stone throw away from the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Your comments are very important for us as we strive to improve our service for a higher guest satisfaction. Please note that the priority guest check-in counter has been most recently installed and please rest assured that we will find the way to appropriately man it very soon. I am sure it will be a great contribution for a quicker check-in and check-out process.
Thank you very much again and best regards,