“Just what we needed!”

Ranked #192 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute on Agoda (2 rooms for 8 nights). Got an EXCELLENT price, especially for Hong Kong. We appreciated the location, were checked in quickly and everyone was very friendly and efficient. Each room had 2 adults and 3 children (all under 6) and they didn't say anything about the amount of people we had. They were extremely accommodating with extra blankets, towels, free water bottles and very friendly every day. The concierge was always willing to help out.

Yes, the rooms were a tad small, but I've stayed in plenty of places in SE Asia and it was fine. They were clean, sheets changed daily and centrally located.

The Central Library is right next door, you can have pounds of laundry washed for $5 HKD/pound at a little laundry shop around the corner; there is a Starbucks, a Pizza Hut, McDonalds all right next door...literally a 1 minute walk. If you can, walk a little farther up and enjoy the Panevino Cucina Italiana...great ambience and a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Unique cocktails and very good food. Decently priced. You can also grab a Subway Sandwich and head to Victoria Park for the day and let the kids play in 1 of the 4 or 5 playgrounds there.

It's definitely not at 4 star, but for the price we paid and the amount of time we were there, everything was perfect for us.

Beware that on the weekends, there is a group of ladies who invade the area to sell stuff. They overflow the streets, leave their trash everywhere and make it overall VERY difficult to move thru the sidewalks while they sit on their mats and eat and refuse to move while you push a stoller thru the crowd. If you do not need to travel with strollers, then it wouldn't be an issue for you. Additionally, at no fault of the hotel...something I'm a little surprise the city of Hong Kong allows.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Rosedale was a decent hotel to stay in. There are plenty to choose from in Causeway Bay and the main reason I chose this one was for its location to central Causeway Bay and the MTR as well as it's price which was quite reasonable over the Xmas and new year period. The rooms themselves are a little small but it isn't a worry as you spend most of your time out and about in Hong Kong anyway. The food was also reasonable with the cost of my stay including breakfast on all mornings. Overall a 3.5 out of 5 and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Hong Kong and looking for a great value for money hotel to stay in.

• Stayed January 2013
SG
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Service : Generally Good okay.

Reception and other staff were courteous, friendly and generally up to mark. On the night before checkout, staff called room number to check if booking of bus/ taxi was required when checkout.
Staff able to help call a cab when we checked out.

Sleep Quality/Rooms : Good. Superior Room but not very big, decent space to do the minimum things though.

No serious disturbance heard from outside, some minor noise along the corridor from other guests during the evening, not really notable.. Anyway we got on with it....

Cleanliness : Very Good

Location/Value : Excellent. Approx 15 mins walk to the MTR Causeway Bay.
One thing to note is that the pedestrain bridge just beside on the hotel (on way to MTR) , and roads opposite the hotel is a gathering space for foreign workers on sundays.Quite crowded in a way, so if you have any activity planned for sunday morning, it's good to go out slightly earlier and avoid the crowd while on way to MTR...it's not really a big issue...just wanted to share what i saw...

Others: Did not use any restaurants inside hotel,so no comments. Free daily x2 bottles of drinking water.

Room Tip: High level room will be better so that you do not face another building opposite directly. However i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sgfriend09
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my first visit to Hing Kong. I was traveling alone as I was meeting my brother the next day when he arrived from Australia. Before arrival I had a few questions including shuttle transport from airport to hotel. The response I got was professional and courteous and I am glad I took the shuttle (cost HK$150) on arrival the welcome was good and I was happy with the size of my room because I had heard rooms in HK are small. I was pleasantly surprised. The only problem I had was that I am a non smoker and when I complained about the smoke smell in my room I was transferred immediately to a much better room and even better view. The hotel has a fantastic bar lounge on the top floor which gives a good view of Hong Kong by night. I did not eat in the restaurant but I ordered room service a couple of times and I was happy with the meal.. The hotel was well situated for shopping, good restaurants and trains. I would be very happy to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke request a non smoking room and of course the higher up you are the more likel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Margi J
Munich, Germany
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently stayed at Rosedale on the park with my family. During our stay, one of my family fell a little sick. I really appreciate how Ms. Ileen took care of my family and really cared about our well-being. I would just like to thank her and the hotel. We will definitely go back to stay at Rosedale.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, ON
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Have stayed in Rosedale On the Park several times for various reasons.
Pros:
* Reasonably close to the best of both worlds (the Causeway Bay and the Victoria Park) so you could always enjoy some relaxing air if ever tried of the hustling and bustling of city life.
* Free shuttle bus to/from the hotel if riding the Airport Express train. Just remember that the bus stop is on the west side of the building block (i.e. on Tung Lo Wan Road), in front of a McDonald’s restaurant as opposed to right in front of the hotel.
* Decent buffet-styled breakfast, options ranging from Chinese dim sum to western bacons and omelets.
* Professional and courteous staff at the reception and house-keeping.
* Free wired and wireless internet access. Also for your convenience, the cordless phone in your room may be carried anywhere inside the hotel building for making/picking up calls. This can be handy say if working out in the gym and dining in one of the restaurants.

Cons:
* Rather small-sized rooms (200 sqf/18 sqm or less, I’m afraid, which however is probably quite standard in Hongkong anyway), most likely good enough for two adults, but not sure if with a kid and/or lots of luggage.
* Location is just about the midpoint between the MTR Causeway Bay and Tin Hau stations. So to ride the MTR, for either one you’d have to walk a bit (about half a mile/600 m). The Tin Hau station maybe a little bit more convenient due to 1) Fewer exits therefore less confusion and 2) no climbing overhead bridges on the way.

Overall I enjoyed my stays at the Rosedale on the Park. Would recommend it to my fellow travellers, for business and leisure alike. Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0.

Room Tip: When going to/coming from the airport, bus No. E11 (run by Citybus) can be a very handy yet economic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AHokie
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm extremely happy with the service that Rosedale provided. In addition to upgrading me to a mini-suite, I was allowed to store my luggage free-of-charge despite the fact that I only stayed one night. Contrarily, the hotel that I booked (through Booking.com) and stayed, V-causeway for 11 days, turned down my request to have my luggage stored while I made side trips to Xiamen and Manila. I highly recommend Rosedale on the Park as my somewhat irregular request was dealt with efficiently and kindness. I would definitely book with them again.

Room Tip: Room size of the mini-suite can easily accommodate a family of four. There's a sink, microwave...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo