I probably could write a really bad review about this hotel but wanted to be fair to the company.
Reception is a big long desk that extends just past concierge to the other side. When I walked in I was wondering who was really reception as they all had their heads down peering into a computer monitor. I walked up to one who was looked up and was friendly enough. We did the usual at check-in then was asked if I wanted to be upgraded to the new refurbished floor at $200HKD per night per room (I had 2 rooms booked for 2 nights) to which I declined since I was only passing through on my way home. I asked for a late check out at around 4pm but was informed it would cost $600HKD for that.
Anyway when I eventually got to my room I was somewhat shocked to see the condition of our room. The room was so smelly like you would smell at a gym with body massage oil and the carpet was absolutely filthy with long term stains. The view was a shocker but that didn't really concern me.
I called down to reception to speak to the girl who checked me in but she was busy so I was told she would call me back. 20 minutes later no call so I called again & was put straight on to her as the girl who picked up the phone obviously didn't want to deal with me. I complained about the condition of the room also stating the website did not state that the room was going to be filthy and smelly.
I was upgraded to the refurbished floor free of charge although my other room stayed because it was acceptable. This room that was initally offered to me at $200HKD extra per night is the same size only higher up, newer & clean - what you would normally expect from a 4 star hotel.
I again asked for a late check out to which I was told no even if I paid, as they were getting in a group & they are full house. Fair enough. Not the greatest time I've had in a Hong Kong hotel but in retrospect the hotel is quite OK and in a reasonably good area for some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong