My husband and I have just returned from 10 days spent at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile. We booked a King Executive Suite and although it cost more than the basic room, it was well worth the extra $.
We were looked after superbly by the staff on the 18th floor. This is where the executive lounge area and checkin is located. Our room was on the 17th floor. We were advised that there was construction going on in the building but we were hardly aware of this.
The executive room was very spacious and had all the comforts we needed. Room service was prompt, food delicious and not too outragiously priced. We were provided with compliemtary bottled water every day which saved us buying water all the time like we did last year at another hotel.
The executive lounge provided us with complimentary breakfast which included a small range of hot food, freshly cooked eggs, pastries and an array of juices.
Complimentary snacks are provided throughout the day - muffins, coffee and soft drinks. You can go to the lounge any time of the day between 7am and 11pm and have snacks or drinks - complimentary.
Cocktail hour (also complimentary) is in the evening with an array of hot and cold canapes, wine, hard liquior, soft drinks and coffee/tea. There was always plenty of food provided and topped up by the chef. The staff at the executive lounge were very obliging and always there to assist.
Videos are complimentary as is the high speed internet access on 2 computers which I found very useful. The gym on the 18th floor was also available for use at no charge. It was a very well equipped gym with the most modern equipment and flat screen TV monitors.
All in all the hotel stay was very enjoyable and the extra we paid for the executive suite was preferable than going to breakfast at the expensive buffet downstairs. Some nights we skipped dinner as we had sufficient canapes at the cocktail bar to last us until later at night and then we were too tired to bother about dinner anyway after more hours of walking around HK.
The deli which is one of the restaurants / stores part of the hotel was really good for food. We purchased some cold meat, cheese and bread rolls there for dinner one night and took them back to our room. We had just eaten lunch at the restaurant so we received a substantial discount for our purchase. The food was really good.
We found the buffet breakfast (taken on a day when we had an early start for a tour) quite expensive and not as good as other buffet breakfasts we have had at other hotels. The same for dinner - the buffet was expensive but the huge range of food was not as appealing to me as other buffets I've been to.
The hotel is in a great location - close to everything. Yes, there are hawkers at the Nathan Road entrance to the hotel but that is all part of the experience of being in HK. If this bothers you, then you can use the main entrance which comes out at the side street. No hawkers there.
This hotel was wonderful and we would definately stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong