“Haven in Hong Kong”

Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
Ranked #109 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 2, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff at Holiday Inn Golden Mile were exceptional. There was a misunderstanding with our booking but Faye sorted things out with grace and good humour. She settled us in to the Executive Club while our room was prepared and all the stress of travel eased away.

It can be difficult travelling with a 2 year old and 5 year old, but the staff were wonderful and very accommodating. I would particularly like to thank Flora for her time , energy and understanding. The little touches (like getting cold milk for the kids to drink) made a huge difference.

Our rooms were big enough for the two kids and mum and dad to be comfortable, while Grandma and Poppa were right next door in an equally comfortable king room. Annie from housekeeping did a great job and was friendly without being 'in your face'

I would particularly like to thank Sandy who was just exceptional all around.

The Executive Club was perfect for a family travelling with young children - while it is still ok for those who would prefer not to be with ankle biters (there is a child-free area) it is also very easy to cater for the needs of small people with a buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and supper cocktails (which is an added bonus for the over-18s!) While it does cost extra to get access, we are sure we made up the value!!

We will definitely try to return soon. The service, staff and attention to detail have been exceptional. Thank you for a wonderful trip to Hong Kong

Room Tip: The Executive Club is worth the extra money
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Have been a guest at the HIGM for many years.
The rooms are as large as you need them to be, with the most important point being a comfortable bed. Bathrooms have everything, and the shower pressure (the most important point ) is invigorating!
Staff - from the porters to the GM - they all have one goal - to make each guest feel welcome, and to make their time in the hotel the very best.
All of this has kept me returning to this hotel for many many years.

And now they have gone and upgraded the Executive Lounge, and where it was located on the 18th floor - with limited capacity and offering- it is now relocated downstairs, and has been increased in size. That's not to say it is large, cold and unwelcoming - it has been styled and furnished in such a way that you feel relaxed and like you are in your own lounge at home!
The quality of the new lounge is outstanding , and I would recommend anyone staying to do the upgrade - it is worth it.
Of course this fantastic new lounge continues to be staffed by the most wonderful team - Nicole, Sandy, Tracey, Faye, but to mention a few.
I will continue to live in the HIGM whenever I am in HK - and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who values home comforts when travelling.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just enough space for everything you need, everything in the room worked, it was clean, staff was pleasant and useful and efficient.

Right on Nathan Road--shops of all types! Five-minute walk to ferry to Hong Kong and to subway station. Five-minute walk to museum and Hong Kong Cultural Center.

First stop on Airport transfer bus from Kowloon station.

I would stay there next time I go to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GillianV
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

As a regular traveller to Hong Kong I find the Holiday Inn a very friendly hotel with great service.
The staff are very accommodating and nothing is too much trouble.
Although the rooms are quite small which is normal in HK ,they are clean with all the amenities.
You can't beat the Bistro on the Mile restaurant for its amazing Buffett which the local Hong Kong people love.Some nice Western food too.
For a down to earth,nice friendly hotel,go to the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed here for the last 13 years when passing thru Hong Kong on business . I find the ridiculous rate of $380 per might plus service and tax extortionate .
Told I was on the club floor but could not use the lounge. Last time for me .

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank KEVIN G
Management response:Responded November 3, 2013

Dear stokeswest,

Thank you for staying with us for the past 13 years, your continue support is much appreciated. We are sorry that the room rate was more expensive than usual during your latest visit. October is the busiest month for Hong Kong hotels, and the room rate overall in the market tends to be higher than other period of time.

We value your loyal support and we sincerely hope you would give us another chance to serve you. On your next visit, we would like to offer complimentary access to our new Executive Club Lounge as an apology. Could you please send us your detail via email to reserv@goldenmile.com, so we could mark this in your profile. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is a great choice for staying in Kowloon. The rooms and big and had 2 double beds which could easily accommodate our family of 2 adults and 2 kids. The breakfast was also lavishly laid out with many options. The staff were a little rude during breakfast. Walk able distance to the harbor and avenue of the stars, I would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose the Double Bedroom if your travelling with children.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rachneebkk
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family (2
kids and my husband).For HK standard the room was good,spacious and the rate is fare enough.My husband is a gold card holder so our last stay was free.The hotel is conveniently located near MTR station,restaurants,shopping center and just a few blocks away from Avenue of the stars where you can watch the spectacular "Symphony of lights" show at HK harbor every 8 p.m.Some travelers who stayed at Holiday Inn complains of the by standers(vendors) outside the hotel
premises but based on my personal experience no one approached us to sell anything and just in case someone approach you,I think you can just say no in a nice way.The food is good if I may add.There are lots of variety to choose from.The staff are helpful too.Exchange rate is available at the hotel.I would definitely go back if we visit HK again.

Stayed: October 2013