“Superb location”

Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
Ranked #110 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you gonna be here for shopping, this one is recommended.
Room size is fit. Not too small for couples. (But do not expect good view)

It's about 5 mins walk to the avenue of stars. Plus an MRT entrance/exit next to the hotel.

And Hotel staff also nice.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wiroj I

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although this is only a 4 star hotel in HK, the staff seem to behave like a 5 star place. Everyone we encountered were helpful, courteous and outstanding. Checked in at 11.10pm and were told 'I'm sorry, the executive lounge is closed for the night - it closes at 11pm, so here are some vouchers for free drinks in the bar'. this was the start of an unexpectedly comfortable stay. The room was spotlessly clean, and serviced every day by the same maid (Apple) who knew our names and always greeted us with a smile and a welcome whenever we saw her in the hotel.
Executive lounge staff were very friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. I have stayed in many fancier hotels and never had the service we encountered at the Holiday Inn. We will most definitely be going back. Swimming pool was lovely. Just what we needed after a a few hours in the heat.
We had a room with 2x double beds as we were travelling with our 2 boys aged 10 and 8.
Not the cheapest hotel at HKD2800 per night including exec, lounge access.
Breakfast is magnificent. Staff even knew us by name there too.
Taxi from the airport at night was HKD$220 - cheaper than taking the train for a family of 4

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Holiday Inn doesn't have much of a name in the U.S. Clearly, they've decided to kick it up a notch abroad. It is way better.

Pros:
- EXCELLENT location. You literally cannot get any better than this. It's right on Nathan Road. Walk 10 feet in either direction and you've got something to do. Also located like 200 feet from a metro.
- Modern, clean, comfortable room. Spacious too.
- Nice staff. Speak English well.
- Spacious lobby.
- Free, strong WiFi in the rooms.
- Lots of sports channels.

Cons:
- Price
- There are other, more expensive hotels slightly down the street near the waterfront. If you're into bragging, telling your poker buddies you stayed in the Holiday Inn in Hong Kong probably won't get you the reaction you're looking for.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My mum and I decided to get a hotel in Tsim Tsa Tsui so we could shop all day at our favorite stores and not have to make the commute home the same day (It takes about an hour to get back to where we live). We have stayed here in the past with no problem and have always been satisfied with the value compared to accommodations. Exhausted we went back to the hotel and got ready for bed. My mum opened the minibar and noticed that there was a bottle of water with part of the water missing and showed it to me. I told her not to worry about it. They're not going to charge us for their mistake. We didn't think about it again, checked out and were happy overall with our stay.

My mum checked her credit card statement and saw a charge for 100HK for minibar usage. When she called the hotel and told them what happened they pretty much called her a liar and wouldn't refund her money. My mom spoke with a manager and the best answer she could get from them is "anyone can say what you're saying and you should of said something before you checked out so its your problem now and not ourst". Now, it's just 100HK dollars (13 Canadian)...not the end of the world but its the principal of the matter. WE DIDN'T DRINK THE WATER. We have stayed in hotels all around the world and never in our lives have we been treated so poorly. We will never EVER be staying there again and will be telling our fellow hong kong friends who like to stay overnight after a day of shopping to not do so either.

I'm very disappointed by this situation and it's a disgrace to the Holiday Inn name which is supposed to be customer service orientated. Accusing your customers of LIEING is so offensive and despicable... especially when they were not!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rebecca F
Management response:Responded July 16, 2013

Dear Rebecca F,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was soured by this incident. There is absolutely no excuse for our staff speaking to you in a rude manger. This unfortunately was a misunderstanding as to the type of charge placed on your mother’s credit card. We checked our detailed records and found that the minibar charge was for an adaptor plug that we sell, not for a bottle of water. We would like to apologize for the poor handling of your phone enquiry, we failed to explain this clearly over the phone and this resulted in such a misunderstanding. Please be assured that we are committed to putting the guests first, we will remind our staff to handle future cases with a more professional manner and to be more courteous. Lastly, as a courtesy we have processed a refund for the adaptor charge to your credit card.

We value your support in the past and we hope this incident did not affect your impression on us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel over 30 years ago and have stayed here intermittently since that time. I was here for business for a week and stayed here as my regular hotel was booked out. Whilst it is not the flashiest hotel in HK, it is central, comfortable and good value for money. For an old hotel, it has been well maintained and my room was comfortable. The pool area was clean and the water a nice temperature. I had all breakfasts here and they were excellent. They cater for many different types of cultures with a huge variety. I also ate at the chinese and italian restaurants and both were excellent and well-priced.
If I was after real luxury I doubt if I would stay here, but as a business base it was all that I needed and its location, so close to the MTR was a real bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved the location of the hotel. That was the reason we chose it. When we arrived we were impressed by the hotel. We got an executive room. We have drinks and appetizers at the afternoon. We really liked our stay at Hong Kong.
The only down side, was that the Internet connection is charged by the day. We were impressed that still some hotels consider as an extra and not as a basic ammenity.

Room Tip: Try to choose the romos at the executive levels (I think that was the name of them) are the top 2 le...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2013

Dear jgambre,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience. We are delighted to hear your compliments and how you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding your concern about the Internet charges, we are happy to inform you that starting since February, 2013, all guests could now enjoy free Wi-Fi Internet at our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit and we are sure you will be pleased this new benefit.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked with this hotel after reading all the fantastic reviews. truthfully, I was not expecting a whole lot , mainly because the Holiday Inns I stayed at in the U.S. are really mediocre at best, some I even paid more than what I paid at this location. I am so glad I stayed here! I couldn't ask more for the convenient location. The lobby was quite impressive, staff friendly and competent. Two minutes after we stepped into our room, the service maid brought two extra sets of towels, slippers, bottled water and bathroom amenities. I was very impressed. I could not recall once that we didn't have to ask for extra 'stuff' because there were four of us staying in the room. ( and that includes Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton in the U.S.)

The room was not as old as the others mentioned. We were informed that some of the rooms had gone under renovation. Ours was not one of them but it was still clean, and pretty new. There's also free coffee and tea in the room. I love the fact that there's an adapter for charging your devices.

The K3 free shuttle that takes you to and from the airport express is right outside the hotel. This is the first stop, so you will be dropped off first. On the way back to airport, you will be first to be picked up, then you will be taken to four other surrounding hotels to pick up passengers.

There's no doubt that we will book here on our next trip, good job to the staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family