I have lived in Hong Kong with my family for the past twenty years. During this time I have travelled extensively and stayed in a variety of hotels throughout the world. In my opinion Asia has some of the best hotels in the world - but take my word for it - the Holiday Inn Golden Mile certainly isn't one of them! Wthout a doubt, the property is very average indeed and not worth paying the premium that the hotel seems to get away with charging!
My wife and I stayed there recently BTW, as we had attended a grand ball at the hotel and we wanted the convenience of staying over for the night. The ball was very enjoyable and the food, given the scale of the event, very good. But we did not expect much from the hotel itself and therefore we were not disapointed. [We got what we expected in other words].
So, why is the hotel average? Mainly because the property is old, the decor and style is old fashioned, and is long overdue a complete makeover to bring it up to date. That's it really - nothing fundamentally wrong, if you dont mind staying in a hotel that would probably feel more at home in the 1980's.
Good points? Location, if you want to be in the middle of Kowloon. Service - the check in and check out experience was efficient.
We were only there for one night, as mentioned, so I have no idea what the other facilities were like apart from Harry's Bar which we visited briefly after the ball. The bar was quite busy with a reasonable atmosphere, but certainly nothing special. But as reported in other reviews, there do seem to be few prostitutes hanging around in the bar which you may consider a good or bad point depending on your objective!
Summing up - if you are looking for some kind of 'special' hotel experience don't stay there. If on the other hand you just want somewhere to stay, conveniently located in Tsim Sha Tsui, then I guess this place will do (if you are not fussy).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong